BOL Report: Alabama QB Parker McLeod Transferring

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
I may be wrong on this statement and if so I apologize in advance, but I recall at some point reading that McLeod's signing with Alabama had something to do with getting Tyren Jones to Alabama as they both played for Walton County HS Marietta, GA.
Minor correction. Walton High is in Marietta; Cobb County. Used to work a couple of miles from it.

Carry on.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I wish him well and while I'm glad the QB roster has thinned a bit, I would not have blamed him one bit or been upset if he stayed five years.

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
I look at transfers a little different than most. From what little I have read about Parker, he seems like a good guy (and after all, he did come to Bama). I thank for his time at Bama and I hope that he has a successful personal and business life. I hope he does not get hurt playing the sport we all love. As far as wishing him luck in his football endeavors at his next stop, I wish him neither good luck nor bad luck. To me, he becomes a competitor that we may play against in the future (i.e. Chad Lindsey). When a Bama player leaves and plays for another school, they are only competition to be crushed if we play them.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
Does anyone have any speculation on where Parker will end up? I would imagine that Saban would not allow him to another SEC school. Will he go FCS so he can play immediately or transfer to another big school and sit out another year? Parker, being from Georgia, might see him go to a smaller, in-state university. I'd be curious to see if Petrino lures him to Louisville. North Carolina or Clemson may be an option.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I look at transfers a little different than most. From what little I have read about Parker, he seems like a good guy (and after all, he did come to Bama). I thank for his time at Bama and I hope that he has a successful personal and business life. I hope he does not get hurt playing the sport we all love. As far as wishing him luck in his football endeavors at his next stop, I wish him neither good luck nor bad luck. To me, he becomes a competitor that we may play against in the future (i.e. Chad Lindsey). When a Bama player leaves and plays for another school, they are only competition to be crushed if we play them.
Lighten up, Francis. If and when we play a team that has one of our former players, I'll pull against that team. But, I'll pull for any former Bama player who gave his best effort while he was here. I hope Parker lights it up and is happy wherever he goes.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Does anyone have any speculation on where Parker will end up? I would imagine that Saban would not allow him to another SEC school. Will he go FCS so he can play immediately or transfer to another big school and sit out another year? Parker, being from Georgia, might see him go to a smaller, in-state university. I'd be curious to see if Petrino lures him to Louisville. North Carolina or Clemson may be an option.
I don't believe that he will generate any real interest in the bigger programs, so he's likely going to either a non-BCS school or an FCS program.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN

I may be misremembering or getting people mixed up, but I think he had committed to Wake Forest prior to getting the Alabama offer. As a lifelong Wake fan, I definitely had mixed feelings about it, and feel sad that he might be the heir apparent this summer at Wake if he'd stayed with that offer. That said, I can't blame him for wanting to try to make it at Alabama, and wish him well. If he ends up transferring to Wake, then I get to continue rooting for him!

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
On the merits of what, exactly? Clipboard carrying? Samford maybe or Wofford more like it.
To be fair, he has enough talent to get a schollie with us. I doubt he'd be able to start at Clemson if they have similar talent waiting in the wings, but a Louisville or UNC wouldn't be out of the question. The biggest disadvantage for him is the loss of eligibility. I would bet he ends up at an ACC school or possibly Vanderbilt.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
I may be misremembering or getting people mixed up, but I think he had committed to Wake Forest prior to getting the Alabama offer. As a lifelong Wake fan, I definitely had mixed feelings about it, and feel sad that he might be the heir apparent this summer at Wake if he'd stayed with that offer. That said, I can't blame him for wanting to try to make it at Alabama, and wish him well. If he ends up transferring to Wake, then I get to continue rooting for him!
You're thinking of Alec Morris with the Wake Forest commitment.

Not sure where McLeod will end up, and it's hard to gauge based on his prep recruitment. He toyed around with Oklahoma State early in the process, I remember, but honestly he committed to UA so early that his recruitment never really took off anywhere else.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
You're thinking of Alec Morris with the Wake Forest commitment.

Not sure where McLeod will end up, and it's hard to gauge based on his prep recruitment. He toyed around with Oklahoma State early in the process, I remember, but honestly he committed to UA so early that his recruitment never really took off anywhere else.
Yeah... I just looked it up. For some reason I kept thinking it was Mcleod. Thanks for the correction.

Mcleod was actually the higher rated recruit!

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
Lighten up, Francis. If and when we play a team that has one of our former players, I'll pull against that team. But, I'll pull for any former Bama player who gave his best effort while he was here. I hope Parker lights it up and is happy wherever he goes.
That was my light version....and don't call me Francis:smile:.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Couldn't we say the same for Coker? Luke Del Rio? or Cooper Bateman? I would bet that most on here think these 3 will be good QB's. good enough to play in most any school.
No, not really.

Bateman's offer list:

Alabama
Arizona
Arkansas
Auburn
Boise State
BYU
California
Colorado
Florida
LSU
Maryland
North Carolina
Purdue
Utah
Utah State
Washington

Luke Del Rio's offer list:

Oregon State
Colorado State
Oklahoma State
UCLA

Jacob Coker's offer list:

Florida State
Alabama
Mississippi State

Parker McLeod's offer list:

Alabama
Boston College
East Carolina
Lousiville
Maryland
Oklahoma State
Syracuse
UCF

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.