Link: Saban not a fan of McCarron's comments

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL
http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/col...d/20983/saban-not-a-fan-of-mccarrons-comments

Saban probably saw the complacency gnaw at his team, but he wasn't pleased with McCarron throwing youngsters under the bus:
“I think a senior player -- and I love AJ -- but I think a senior player has a responsibility as a leader on the team to understand that when younger players come into the program, they are not going to necessarily have all the right stuff or understand the right stuff to be a part of the team. There has to be a tolerance and a commitment on the older players to sort of embrace the younger players to try to get them to where they need to play, even if they don’t play. It should not be something that upsets an older player. It should not be an issue with an older player because I can take some of these same older players and tell you about them when they were freshmen and they needed older players to help them get where they needed to be and they had to learn lessons along the way to help them develop into what they became.”

TNBama

1st Team
Apr 19, 2000
Knoxville, TN. USA
The article he mentioned was posted today on ESPN. People love to jump on people for not checking if information has been posted before posting a new comment, yet you don't even check to see if it IS a new article. This is why I rarely start a thread.

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL
The article he mentioned was posted today on ESPN. People love to jump on people for not checking if information has been posted before posting a new comment, yet you don't even check to see if it IS a new article. This is why I rarely start a thread.
Thanks for the defense. I saw it on my twitter feed and saw the posting date on the article was today. But at least it let me dig up a picture of the white helmets ;)

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I for one had no read any of CNS's comments so it is new to me. He said what I would have expected him to say.

11b

Jul 8, 2013
“There are some real lessons to be learned for our future teams and certainly this year’s team that we may be able to do it better in the future," he said.
Maybe this season will be different.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
The espn story may be new... but if you checked the other sources....then you realized espn sometime can be late with their stories, especially when it comes to Alabama.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The espn story may be new... but if you checked the other sources....then you realized espn sometime can be late with their stories, especially when it comes to Alabama.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
He was just enlarging on and repeating the earlier comments...

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
It doesn't matter it's the same old tired song and dance. We are 3 months from kickoff so it's time to move on.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.