*** OLB Keaton Anderson Commits to Alabama ***

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Re: 2015 Prospect: 3* OLB Keaton Anderson (Florence High School)

Grew up in Florence a year ahead of his uncle Charlie, who also played at UT. Keaton looks like he may be the best athlete in the family.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Appears to be in the mold of our LB's from the 2014 class like Evans, Holcombe and Miller for the HUNH. Good pedigree.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

Yep I think UcheaT is our only competition for him. If he doesn't follow the family I think we get him.

gumptider

1st Team
Sep 24, 2008

I follow him on Twitter. Very eccentric kid and other athletes seem to like him a lot. If he chooses UA, I think he could be a real locker room leader.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Re: OLB Keaton Anderson Updates

Nice pick up and I hope it sticks. UT is going to put the full court press on him before this one is said and done though.

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010

Do you think he will move to Safety? He looks awfully small of a LB.

Either way, glad to have him on the team.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

I've read his family is loaded & owns Books A Million..What's the chance he's given a preferred walk on status & his family pays his way..I'm not saying he's bad or anything, but, will need a couple years under Coach Cochran before he get serious PT..

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I've read his family is loaded & owns Books A Million..What's the chance he's given a preferred walk on status & his family pays his way..I'm not saying he's bad or anything, but, will need a couple years under Coach Cochran before he get serious PT..
In his film he blows people up in tackles. He looks like he could play safety today. I don't know how fast he is, but he really seems to have a head for the game.

If he is to play LB, he will need to fill out - but I see him at safety.

careeves

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 19, 2007
Huntsville

Just heard from a reputable employee that works at Florence High School Keaton is coming to Alabama. This is huge from the standpoint of his family being a legacy at Tennessee. His family are probably Tennessee's biggest boosters being the own Books-a million, TNT fireworks, and Hibbett sporting goods and have been life long Tennessee supporters. I even think the athletic complex at Tennessee is named after his family. Apparently Tennessee treated him very poorly on a few visits and he is not impressed with the new coaching staff at Tennessee. Plus is kid is one heck of an athlete and has a great work ethic. Can't wait to see this kid in Crimson. Roll Tide!!!!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Yes, the Anderson family owns Books-A-Million, Yogurt Mountain, and TNT Fireworks. Here's the info on Anderson Companies from Forbes:

Begun in 1917 as a newsstand in Florence, Alabama, the Anderson Companies now do business in several areas. Anderson Media Corporation is the largest U.S. distributor and merchandiser of consumer magazines, pre-recorded music, and books. TNT Fireworks is the country's largest importer and distributor of consumer fireworks. Anderson Press publishes children's books and houses Anderson units, Whitman Publishing and H.E. Harris, which sells books and supplies for coin and stamp collecting. C.R. Gibson also sells collecting books, such as photo and scrap albums. For the purposes of its estimate, Forbes excludes Books-A-Million (nasdaq: BAMM), a publicly held company in which the Anderson family is the majority stockholder.
As far as his position, Rivals has him at inside LB while 247 has him at outside LB. I've read where he compares to Vinnie. I'm sure he'll continue to bulk up this year before he gets to Tuscaloosa. He's close to Ronnie Clark in size, and Ronnie is expected to play safety.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

Welcome Keaton!! Great to have high caliber, hard working players. RTR!!
He does remind me of Vinnie also. If he develops a nose for the ball like vinnie, I'll be excited. Would love to see him blow up some people on special teams early in his career.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.