NCAA Golf National Champions

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
And that's what separates the great from the good -- the quality of their misses. Jack Nicklaus once said in his best rounds he only hit 6-7 pure shots a round...the rest were misses!
Padre, Hogan said the same thing: If we really did an honest assessment of a par round, we'd see that we only hit 1 or 2 shots exactly as planned.

The quality of our misses on the back side compared to those of OSU clearly turned the match for us.
That is certainly the case for me, and my dysfunctional golf game. The purely struck golf shot is a thing of beauty but it's like trying to catch lightning in a bottle during a typical round of hitting all kinds of shots with different clubs from different lies, etc.

The difference in an occasional 75 and a dissapointing 85 for me is if I don't hit a couple OB off the tee or a pulled iron shot to a green stays up instead of rolling into a water hazard.

Learning to have "good misses" is a big part of the game.

MDB1981

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 29, 2010
Nectar, al
No doubt. I think Lanny Wadkins mentioned that he shot 64 on the round. He sounded pretty impressed with Shelton.
Shelton actually shot a 63. He had to, to beat Olsen of Okie St, who shot a 64. How, frustrating it must be to shoot a 64 and still loose.

Tider@GW_Law

All-American
Sep 16, 2007
Sacramento, CA
They have both won on the Tour. Michael Thompson won The Honda last year, which was the most recent. Bud Cauley is on the Tour, but has not won yet. Justin Thomas is have a really good first year on the Web.com tour, but hasn't won yet. He will get a Tour card next year with the way he has been playing.
Thomas is in the top 10 for money on the Web.com tour, I believe (but could be wrong).

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
My son Josh watched the replay of the final round until three in the morning. He called me today and said, "Dad, I'm ready to get back into competitive golf, I'm playing in the State Am".
Is he good enough? Does he still have "Game"? Who knows. But this team inspired him to find out and try. When Bama wins, it gives Bama fans hope, no matter what they're doing.
Gotta love it. Nothing like it. Nowhere, no how.
sip

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Good luck to him...the golf ball doesn't know anything about you!
The golf ball hates me Padre. It's quest is to destroy my self esteem. It tells me my future is in the water or in the woods :) Josh is a youth director. He love's his job and feels guilty that he still wants to play golf. I've tried to explain that if he was successful playing golf and gave the credit to Jesus Christ, that he could open up his potential to reach people he may never reach in a local church.
We'll just see what he decides. He's been pretty good in making decisions.
sip

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.