Link: "Alabama desperate for 12th game in 2015, will 'take anybody'"

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
BYU wouldn't be bad. It depends if they want a home and home though, while I think we probably just want a 1 game agreement to be played at BDS.

I doubt CNS would want a second neutral site game, but we could get a decent opponent with that as a one game option.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
How about a home and home with Hawaii we owe them one. Speaking of owing them how about Utah. I would think if we are willing to do a home and home we could pick up a team like one of these or a Wake Forest, Duke type team.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
We played a one game deal with BYU back in 1998.

They were the first opponent in BDS after it was expanded to 83,818 with the east upper deck. Shaun Alexander scored a school record 5 TDs that evening.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
I wonder what would happen if an SEC school from the east wanted in, one that Bama doesn't play next season! That would be sweet.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
This can't be possible.

Where are all those schools with all those tough-talking, loud-mouthed fans who are always CRYING and WHINING about how Alabama DOES NOT PLAY ANYBODY and GAMES THE SYSTEM and RIGS IT?

Where are all the big, bad boys?

Where's Boise and their loud-mouthed President?

Where in the world are the teams who think we're overrated and easy pickings?

WHERE ARE YOU? YOU ARE BEING PAGED!!!!

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
Hopefully, it will get worked out. Wasn't Southern Miss a late addition to 2014? I like what Selma posted. Where are all the big boys? But, I wonder if we will have to play it as a road game.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I don't understand why teams aren't lining up to run the score up on us. We don't play anybody. Saban will never win another game now that McCarron has gone - he didn't win a title without him on the roster and never will.

Where is Charlie Weiss, who said the SEC is overrated? Bring your Jayhawks down here and show us how it's done.

Where is Oregon, who screamed, "We Want Bama" last fall?

Where are all these schools now?

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
I don't understand why teams aren't lining up to run the score up on us. We don't play anybody. Saban will never win another game now that McCarron has gone - he didn't win a title without him on the roster and never will.

Where is Charlie Weiss, who said the SEC is overrated? Bring your Jayhawks down here and show us how it's done.

We probably need a home game due to the AD budget, but how great it would be to go to one of those places and show them what they "want".

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
...and everybody got cramps. That was a great game! :)
John David Phillips. Any of y'all remember him? I remember there was high hopes for him that year but he struggled and yes, the humidity was brutal for that game.

That was a great game. BYU played very well that night.

Oh and Selma, I'm sure all of those teams would just LOVE to play us and show us how its done, but they just can't work out a free weekend. Funny how that works, ya know?

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
We played a one game deal with BYU back in 1998.

They were the first opponent in BDS after it was expanded to 83,818 with the east upper deck. Shaun Alexander scored a school record 5 TDs that evening.
I was there. It was a great atmosphere and an excellent ball game if you like offense. Shaun stole the show that night.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Tuscaloosa News reporting we're in talks with Southern Miss about the vacancy. Link

The University of Alabama is in discussions with Southern Miss to help fill out its 2015 out-of-conference schedule, The Tuscaloosa News has learned.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Oregon is busy playing against Michigan state this year...Neither of those teams backed out of that series. We are the ones who looked scared canceling the MSU series.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Tuscaloosa News reporting we're in talks with Southern Miss about the vacancy. Link
They would be a respectable opponent, I remember when we played them back in the late 80's and early 90's some of those years they were the best team in Mississippi. I am glad we picked them up this year and hope this 2015 deal comes through as well.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
They would be a respectable opponent, I remember when we played them back in the late 80's and early 90's some of those years they were the best team in Mississippi. I am glad we picked them up this year and hope this 2015 deal comes through as well.
Some of the games were tougher than they should be, yes, with a couple of losses actual peppered in. However, I can't think of a more boring matchup from a fan perspective - at least this fan. I know they are in a bind though, its so late in the scheduling cycle.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.