Diamond Notes : Alabama Opens 2014 NCAA Tournament against Kennesaw State on Friday

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
The KSU roster does not list where the players are from, but I suspect most of them are local and have played in the East Cobb program. It is one of, if not, the best travel baseball programs in the country.

http://www.eastcobbbaseball.com/
I was watching the Kennesaw-GSU game on ESPN3 and they said only two of Kennesaw's players (and five of GSU's) were not from Georgia.

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al
As a graduate of Kennesaw State, I know the baseball history. They have almost always have had very good baseball and softball teams. Multiple national championships. In 1997, they went an amazing 61-5. Under their 23 under coach Sansing, they have had only one losing season. They have beat Georgia and Georgia Tech this year. They aren't some run of the mill small school. As someone pointed out they are in a very rich recruiting area. Cobb County baseball, especially East Cobb has excellent programs and talent.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.