Classless Cam

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
AgentAntiOrange;2397027]Unfortunately, I think some of our Alabama brethren have contracted LBS (Litte Brother Syndrome) as they seem obsessed with the AU program and what they are up to. Nothing good comes from going down that road. And honestly, who even cares what Cam says or does? I certainly don't.

Easily said when you live in Sooner land and don't have to deal with them much.

Last edited:

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I admit that I am as classless as Cam. I always tell the kids I teach that they should get a better looking shirt when they have a nasty orange Tennesse shirt or Auburn shirt on.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
I started this thread and provided the link and copied the entire story. The only thing I created was the title "Classless Cam". To be honest I am really surprised at the reaction it has gotten from some on this board including some moderators. In case you don't know these kids are going to "Cam Newton Foundation" 7on7 competitions. The Foundation's President is Cecil Newton, Sr. LINK My question to those that think this is just Cam hate, or little brother syndrome as some clueless poster suggests...Let me ask you this...Do you think it's okay, and no harm can come from it considering these are 17 year old recruits that are very impressionable with "Super Man" showing up and getting out of his fancy ride and using his star power to influence them? You think this is happenchance and an innocent occurrence? If so, you keep believing it.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I started this thread and provided the link and copied the entire story. The only thing I created was the title "Classless Cam". To be honest I am really surprised at the reaction it has gotten from some on this board including some moderators. In case you don't know these kids are going to "Cam Newton Foundation" 7on7 competitions. The Foundation's President is Cecil Newton, Sr. LINK My question to those that think this is just Cam hate, or little brother syndrome as some clueless poster suggests...Let me ask you this...Do you think it's okay, and no harm can come from it considering these are 17 year old recruits that are very impressionable with "Super Man" showing up and getting out of his fancy ride and using his star power to influence them? You think this is happenchance and an innocent occurrence? If so, you keep believing it.
Do you think Antoine Caldwell's camp in Montgomery fine? What about Roman Harper's camp? I believe Demeco Ryans has a camp in Tuscaloosa; is that bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I would have thought an off-season thread knocking Cam would be a safe topic to throw out for discussion, but as always, it's a tough crowd.

I play a little game to myself when I read a new thread here...I try to figure out which line of attack will develop as the thread grows.

Odds are, if you post a topic for discussion, there will be someway to find a way to react with a negative slant. It just seems to be human nature.

I don't like Cam, period, if he's around any of our recruits, then the air he breaths is wasted air in my humble opinion.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
Easily said when you live in Sooner land and don't have to deal with them much.
Lived 30+ years in Alabama before I moved here. I've never liked Paul Finebaum so guess what? I don't listen to him. I've never liked Kevin Scarbinsky so guess what? I don't read his articles. I've never liked AU or UT so guess what? I don't follow them, discuss them, or pay attention to what they're doing. Honestly, it really is just that easy.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Lived 30+ years in Alabama before I moved here. I've never liked Paul Finebaum so guess what? I don't listen to him. I've never liked Kevin Scarbinsky so guess what? I don't read his articles. I've never liked AU or UT so guess what? I don't follow them, discuss them, or pay attention to what they're doing. Honestly, it really is just that easy.
Ok. That's fine. But what if others do follow news about our rivals? That doesn't mean they are obsessed or have "little brother syndrome." So it's come to that? That we start labeling other Tidefans this way?

What I'm about to say is my opinion, but I wish more on this board felt this way: If someone post a link to a sCam Newton story (that involves a Bama recruit) and you don't won't to talk about it then you shouldn't post in the thread. However, if you decide to post in that thread, why complain about it and tell others they shouldn't be talking about it and accuse them of having little brother syndrome???

I'll never understand why people post in a thread and then complain about people discussing it when you don't even have to read the thread in the first place if it's something you don't won't to know about or talk about.

This seems to happen more and more lately on our great Tidefans board and it's really become an issue in many threads so much that it limits discussion when some people start complaining about what is being discussed.

I'm not a moderater on this board and I'm not trying to be one, but I have been a member here for a long time and it seems this negative attitude about some topics is a rather new thing that has caught on and I wish it would just go away.

BTW, not mad at you AAO personally and singling you out, but I've been just wanting to make this observation for others to consider.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
Ok. That's fine. But what if others do follow news about our rivals? That doesn't mean they are obsessed or have "little brother syndrome." So it's come to that? That we start labeling other Tidefans this way?

What I'm about to say is my opinion, but I wish more on this board felt this way: If someone post a link to a sCam Newton story (that involves a Bama recruit) and you don't won't to talk about it then you shouldn't post in the thread. However, if you decide to post in that thread, why complain about it and tell others they shouldn't be talking about it and accuse them of having little brother syndrome???

I'll never understand why people post in a thread and then complain about people discussing it when you don't even have to read the thread in the first place if it's something you don't won't to know about or talk about.

This seems to happen more and more lately on our great Tidefans board and it's really become an issue in many threads so much that it limits discussion when some people start complaining about what is being discussed.

I'm not a moderater on this board and I'm not trying to be one, but I have been a member here for a long time and it seems this negative attitude about some topics is a rather new thing that has caught on and I wish it would just go away.

BTW, not mad at you AAO personally and singling you out, but I've been just wanting to make this observation for others to consider.
Completely see your point. Actually, I kind of feel the same way and it's why I posted. So many people talk about their dislike for individuals, schools, etc and yet continue to post about them and create threads. Often, the threads/posts are just cheap potshots--which is how I feel about this thread. I happen to follow the young man on Twitter that Cam made the comments to and he just laughed it off. He seemed to take it as good natured and nothing negative to say about Cam or the comments. Seemed like he actually thought it was a cool story to retell his friends. And someone who wasn't there and wasn't involved labels it as classless. Just because it's Cam Newton. That kind of attitude and bias just bothers me. TBH, it's an AUBURN thing to do. Anywho, we all have our opinions and we all have to make room for others opinions as well. I just felt frustrated by how common this has become lately. No offense taken from your post.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
The down side is having to deal with Zero U, Bevo U, and aTm. There is a downside to everything.

At least on your side of the river, you probably do not have to endure a lot of the last 2. The additional Zero U more than makes up for it.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
Completely see your point. Actually, I kind of feel the same way and it's why I posted. So many people talk about their dislike for individuals, schools, etc and yet continue to post about them and create threads. Often, the threads/posts are just cheap potshots--which is how I feel about this thread. I happen to follow the young man on Twitter that Cam made the comments to and he just laughed it off. He seemed to take it as good natured and nothing negative to say about Cam or the comments. Seemed like he actually thought it was a cool story to retell his friends. And someone who wasn't there and wasn't involved labels it as classless. Just because it's Cam Newton. That kind of attitude and bias just bothers me. TBH, it's an AUBURN thing to do. Anywho, we all have our opinions and we all have to make room for others opinions as well. I just felt frustrated by how common this has become lately. No offense taken from your post.
With all due respect my fellow Tide Fan, I still don't think you are getting the point. I spend no time thinking about Cam Newton even though I live 40 miles from Charlotte, NC. I do spend time thinking about stories I read (and research further) that daddy cecil is running sports camps that have our commits talking about Cam suggesting they should come to aubieland. Some may be underestimating his star power to 17 year olds, and daddy's motives.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
With all due respect my fellow Tide Fan, I still don't think you are getting the point. I spend no time thinking about Cam Newton even though I live 40 miles from Charlotte, NC. I do spend time thinking about stories I read (and research further) that daddy cecil is running sports camps that have our commits talking about Cam suggesting they should come to aubieland. Some may be underestimating his star power to 17 year olds, and daddy's motives.
And you may be over estimating the situation. Cam isn't the only NFL player to have a camp. He isn't the only former college player to tell a recruit he shouldn't attend the player's rival.

In your research, did you find recruits getting benefits from Cam or Cecil in order to go to Auburn? If not, this continues to be a non-story driven by writers looking for clicks for their website.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
And you may be over estimating the situation. Cam isn't the only NFL player to have a camp. He isn't the only former college player to tell a recruit he shouldn't attend the player's rival.

In your research, did you find recruits getting benefits from Cam or Cecil in order to go to Auburn? If not, this continues to be a non-story driven by writers looking for clicks for their website.

OK my friend...Which Alabama player running a camp made national news by telling an auburn commit to come to Alabama? I will then stand corrected and beg your forgiveness :)

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
OK my friend...Which Alabama player running a camp made national news by telling an auburn commit to come to Alabama? I will then stand corrected and beg your forgiveness :)
Sometimes threads should die, and then you live to fight another day.

I wouldn't jab at Mods over this one.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Apathy is the sincerest form of hatred.

If you guys would stop giving attention to things that drive you crazy, they'd stop driving you crazy. It's a pretty easy problem to fix.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.