Blog: Latest Bama News 5/30/14 Thru 6/1 Weekend Edition

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member

SEC Headlines 5/31/2014-mrsec

SEC/NCAA
1. SEC heading for a break way? NCAA vote in August on autonomy could shape future of SEC and other power conferences.
2. SEC Commissioner Mike Slive threatening new Division IV if power conferences don’t get their way. Slive: “I do believe this is an historic moment, one that if we don’t seize the moment we’re going to make a mistake.”
3. Florida president Bernie Machen: “We’re really caught between a rock and a hard place. We desperately would like some flexibility.”
4. Andy Staples:What exactly do the five power conferences want?”

5. SEC distributes almost $310 million to its member schools - jump of nearly $21 million from the year before.
6. SEC graduate students can now transfer to play in the conference without going through a waiver process. Florida president Machen opposes the move.
SEC Football
7. Expect louder SEC stadiums this fall. Schools can play music at any time except when the center stands over the football to when the ensuing play is whistled dead. Rule also covers noisemakers such as cowbells.
8. SEC releases early-season TV schedule.
9. If Alabama needs a non-conference opponent to fill its schedule in 2015, why not UCF? “Anybody” or “anybody who fits a certain criteria”?
10. Tennessee welcomes five new walk-ons while seven who participated in the spring are no longer on the roster.

Extra
13. A Wall Street investor, a gambler and a golfer. Why is the federal government reportedly investigating Phil Mickelson?
14. College football and basketball players finalize $40 million settlement with a video game manufacturer and the NCAA’s licensing arm.
15. So which is it? USA Today: Steve Ballmer’s $2 billion far too high a price for Clippers. New York Times: $2 Billion For Clippers? In time, it may be a steal for Steve Ballmer

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Survive and advance-TideSports (video)

For eight innings, Alabama cruised. For the last one, it had to survive. Alabama took a six-run lead over host Florida State, then withstood a wild ninth inning to top the Seminoles ...
I hope Coach Gaspard, makes a better decision with the pitchers. He left Keller in and almost lost the game with 1 earned and 3 UNEARNED runs before yanking him. I haven't watched Bama BB much this season but even to me it was very obvious early on the kid just didn't have his stuff, it happens.....it was win or go home, just an unfortunate decision. This is no knock, on Keller or the coach but sometimes a coach needs to act, even if he doesn't want to.

Alabama Athletics ‏@UA_Athletics 3m .@AlabamaBSB takes on Georgia Southern in an elimination game at 11 am CT on @ESPN3 #RollTide #RoadToOmaha

Last edited:

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member

SEC Headlines 6/1/2014-mrsec

SEC Football 1. Why SEC Commissioner Mike Slive is the real boss of the NCAA.
2. Will former Tennessee quarterback Riley Ferguson join his brother at UNC-Charlotte? Coach Butch Jones: “We wish him well.”
3. David Climer: “Remember all those quarterbacks who transferred out of UT and hit it big elsewhere? Neither do I.”
4. Tennessee redshirt defensive end Malik Brown planning to transfer to another school.
5. LSU backup quarterback Hayden Rettig plans to transfer to another school.
6. How is LSU quarterback Brandon Harris progressing?I’ve gotten 100 times better (since high school).”
7. How Georgia’s offense has evolved under offensive coordinator Mike Bobo.
8. Auburn negotiating series starting in 2016 with “premier non-conference opponent.”
9. Computer simulation of ten games between 2013 Alabama and Oregon teams shows Crimson Tide winning six of them.
10. Sonic Boom! Auburn updates painted path of Kick Six.
SEC Media
11. Examining the pros and cons of the new SEC Network.
12. SEC Network’s Saturday pregame show has added Paul Finebaum and LSU defensive lineman Marcus Spears to the cast.

Extra
15. If Steve Ballmer buys the Los Angeles Clippers, he’ll be the wealthiest sports owner in the United States.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.