SEC allows artificial noisemakers at games

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Just eye roll... :rolleyes:
Indeed:

The league also:

- Allowed the use of artificial noisemakers - even music and sound controlled by the school - at any time during football games except from the time the center is over the football until the end of the play.

Sounds like Arena Football League. Now, which schools will jump on this? I can see Auburn, SC and Florida. Maybe A&M since they will no longer have the young dynamo at QB.

FSU may be clamoring to get in the SEC on this rule alone.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Indeed:

The league also:

- Allowed the use of artificial noisemakers - even music and sound controlled by the school - at any time during football games except from the time the center is over the football until the end of the play.

Sounds like Arena Football League. Now, which schools will jump on this? I can see Auburn, SC and Florida. Maybe A&M since they will no longer have the young dynamo at QB.

FSU may be clamoring to get in the SEC on this rule alone.
If you allow fans to have noise makers: cowbells, air horns, etc., there is NO way to control when they use them! Maybe we can have screeching sounds while another teams offense is on the field. How about a HIGHLY MAGNIFIED screeching sound of fingernails on a Chalkboard or a screaming sound, horror movie style, etc. in Bryant-Denny? Or we could have Coach Bryant talking during each opponents offensive plays (from huddle up time to call a play until the play ends).

Mississippi State's stadium could get even worse. And, you never know what they will do in Red Stick!

I don't think I really like this unenforceable rule. The ONLY was to assist in stopping the noise during a play would be 15 yard penalties against the HOME team.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
If you allow fans to have noise makers: cowbells, air horns, etc., there is NO way to control when they use them! Maybe we can have screeching sounds while another teams offense is on the field. How about a HIGHLY MAGNIFIED screeching sound of fingernails on a Chalkboard or a screaming sound, horror movie style, etc. in Bryant-Denny? Or we could have Coach Bryant talking during each opponents offensive plays (from huddle up time to call a play until the play ends).

Mississippi State's stadium could get even worse. And, you never know what they will do in Red Stick!

I don't think I really like this unenforceable rule. The ONLY was to assist in stopping the noise during a play would be 15 yard penalties against the HOME team.
Nothing they could pull off in Knoxvegas could be worse than the ten million renditions of Rocky Top that opponents have to endure.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
What about no huddle teams where the center is over the ball for about 30 seconds while the rest of the team looks to the sideline for a play?

Last edited:

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
The blaring music already being played at Bryant-Denny is at times too much for me. I can only imagine what this will lead to, especially when we play at Auburn. They will no doubt go overboard. Schools with smaller stadiums will use this to their advantage.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Where will the line be drawn? There are really small cans with air horns that are extremely LOUD! Would 10,000 of those be acceptable? It would be deafening and cause permanent hearing damage, just like cow bell clanging can. Certainly not suggesting this, just pointing out the difficulties associated with the decision.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Not a big fan of the change, but at road games it's fun to hear the decibels drop when their fans realize their team is beaten. I have sat in a full Neyland Stadium, when the loudest noise in the second half was coming from a party boat on the river.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.