Bergdahl released, but eventually charged...

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004
Re: Bergdahl released

Proves Obama is racist or a Muslim. Either he felt one white dude was of equal value to five Arabs, or he wanted to release some of his Muslim brothers and this was a convenient opportunity.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

We traded these 5 horrible guys for this schmuck?

Was Mike Ditka Obama's consultant?
We traded 5 All-Pro players from the TTL (Taliban Terrorist League) for one low-life deserter sign-stealer Taliban wannabe --

You have to figure the Taliban are wondering what the heck is going on......way too easy.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

I guess everyone has forgotten about the VA mess! Was this a diversionary tactic to get the VA out of the media news/off the front page? Looks like it worked again.

Seems like we've had a few of these anytime this administration wants to change the news headlines: Benghazi, Fast N Furious, IRS, Syria, Ukraine, Crimea, etc. Now, what's the next diversion to take this out of the news loop?

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

I guess everyone has forgotten about the VA mess! Was this a diversionary tactic to get the VA out of the media news/off the front page? Looks like it worked again.

Seems like we've had a few of these anytime this administration wants to change the news headlines: Benghazi, Fast N Furious, IRS, Syria, Ukraine, Crimea, etc. Now, what's the next diversion to take this out of the news loop?
Hey, when the media is in your back pocket, never hesitate to deflect attention away from the known bad to the perceived "good."

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

We traded 5 All-Pro players from the TTL (Taliban Terrorist League) for one low-life deserter sign-stealer Taliban wannabe --

You have to figure the Taliban are wondering what the heck is going on......way too easy.
Wait until the Talibs realize we implanted homing devices in these dudes backsides so they lead us to the Taliban HQ.
JDAMs on the way!

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

Yeah, that sounds like a good plan:rolleye2:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

Wait until the Talibs realize we implanted homing devices in these dudes backsides so they lead us to the Taliban HQ.
JDAMs on the way!
No offense, but do you really think Obama has it in him to do that? Plus, I would think that these dudes are going to be pretty well examined prior to being put back into action ---- I would like to think that we are that smart and they are that dumb, but over the past few years, I wouldn't bet the farm on it

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

No offense,
None comprehended.
but do you really think Obama has it in him to do that? Plus, I would think that these dudes are going to be pretty well examined prior to being put back into action ---- I would like to think that we are that smart and they are that dumb, but over the past few years, I wouldn't bet the farm on it
You are right, of course, but I wish we would think deviously like this.
The military and foreign policy thinking of this administration strikes me as clumsy, amateurish and hamstrung with ideology.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL

SIAP

Not that it matters (recalling crimsonaudio's post from a couple weeks back regarding the irrelevance of "yeah well Bush/Clinton did it to!"), but are there any instances where Bush actually broke the law, using a signing statement as justification? Or are there just Bush signing statements claiming that he would do so if the situation arose? Did he actually follow through, as seems the case with Obama's prisoner swap?

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL

A Pentagon investigation concluded in 2010 that Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl walked away from his unit, and after an initial flurry of searching the military decided not to exert extraordinary efforts to rescue him, according to a former senior defense official who was involved in the matter.
But the former Pentagon official said it was "incontrovertible" that he walked away from his unit.

The military investigation was broader than a criminal inquiry, this official said, and it didn't formally accuse Bergdahl of desertion. In interviews, members of his unit portrayed him as a naive, "delusional" person who thought he could help the Afghan people by leaving his army post, the official said.
http://news.yahoo.com/us-concluded-2010-bergdahl-walked-away-185047684--politics.html

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

From the same article.
Nathan Bradley Bethea, who served as an officer in Bergdahl's unit, said ...
"There was no patrol that night," he wrote. "Bergdahl was relieved from guard duty, and instead of going to sleep, he fled the outpost on foot. He deserted. I've talked to members of Bergdahl's platoon - including the last Americans to see him before his capture. I've reviewed the relevant documents. That's what happened."
So much for the "part of a patrol" story.
I'd like to see him tried, and if guilty, punished. Severely, not out of animus towards Bergdahl, but to encourage the others. If you fundamentally disagree with US policy, don't re-enlist. In the meantime, do your duty, or face the consequences.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000

It's now being reported that Bergdahl left behind a note renouncing his U.S. citizenship before taking off for the wilds of Afghanistan.

Wonder why Ma and Pa haven't done the same thing? I'm not being facetious. They don't seem to be very proud to be Americans.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

It's now being reported that Bergdahl left behind a note renouncing his U.S. citizenship before taking off for the wilds of Afghanistan.

Wonder why Ma and Pa haven't done the same thing? I'm not being facetious. They don't seem to be very proud to be Americans.
Maybe, "for the first time, they are really proud to be Americans" now that we have released five really bad Taliban guys.
Peas in a pod...

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

The father seems to be a very proud Islamic though.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

By JIM KUHNHENNWASHINGTON (AP) -- The White House has apologized to key lawmakers for not notifying them in advance about the exchange of five Taliban detainees for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl (boh BURG'-dahl).
Sens. Dianne Feinstein of California and Saxby Chambliss of Georgia, the top Democrat and Republican respectively on the Senate Select committee on Intelligence, said White House officials called them Monday to say the lack of notification had been an oversight. Feinstein said she received a call from Deputy National Security Adviser Tony Blinken.
The White House did not immediately comment on the calls.
The White House damage control comes as Republican lawmakers accused the White House of putting U.S. service men and women at risk by releasing the five top Taliban members being held in Guantanamo in exchange for Bergdahl.

Does this President think he is above the law? What kind of example is he setting for the youth of America? Is it just comply with the laws you want to like me?

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

By JIM KUHNHENNWASHINGTON (AP) -- The White House has apologized to key lawmakers for not notifying them in advance about the exchange of five Taliban detainees for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl (boh BURG'-dahl).
Sens. Dianne Feinstein of California and Saxby Chambliss of Georgia, the top Democrat and Republican respectively on the Senate Select committee on Intelligence, said White House officials called them Monday to say the lack of notification had been an oversight. Feinstein said she received a call from Deputy National Security Adviser Tony Blinken.
The White House did not immediately comment on the calls.
The White House damage control comes as Republican lawmakers accused the White House of putting U.S. service men and women at risk by releasing the five top Taliban members being held in Guantanamo in exchange for Bergdahl.

Does this President think he is above the law? What kind of example is he setting for the youth of America? Is it just comply with the laws you want to like me?

Ignore all the laws with which you don't agree. Then blame it on the POTUS. If it's good for him, it's good for everyone else.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.