Next up in the WCWS - Bama vs. Oregon...

MikeD

Suspended
Feb 24, 2007
Roll Tide!!

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...
I just happen to be in town on business and got to go to the game, what an event to see in person and what a big win. Beating the Ducks in person, priceless!

I just happen to be in town on business and got to go to the game, what an event to see in person and what a big win. Beating the Ducks in person, priceless!
Now that is good man. Glad to hear you took it in. I hear watching the ladies play is pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone

Roll Tide! 15 Time National Champions, More BCS Championships than any school...

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I wasn't able to watch earlier, but I just watched the scoring runs. Wow the second one was great...she knew exactly how to slide in order to not get out. It was close...but because of her movement she was able to be safe. WTG ladies!

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I actually like Tillman as a commentator. Of course, I also like Gary Danielson. So I'm a minority of one, catching flak from all directions.
I haven't seen many of Tillman's games, but what I've seen I've liked fairly well. At worst, you're a in minority of two because I really like Danielson.

Last edited:

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Molly Fichtner, who had the RBI single in the 5th to put us up 2-0, was one of the Bama ladies who came to one of Little Catfish's games last year. I have a great picture of the two of them.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I don't follow this much but congrats to the ladies! My sister used to play years ago and from what her friends tell her, if the lizards are swinging it might be a long day, but go get 'em Tide!

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
I don't follow this much but congrats to the ladies! My sister used to play years ago and from what her friends tell her, if the lizards are swinging it might be a long day, but go get 'em Tide!

We've already taken two out of three from Florida earlier this season, outscoring them 12-9 combined (4-2, 1-7, 7-0).

If any decent team gets really hot bats for a couple of games - which Florida could certainly do - they can beat just about anyone but, with the pitching and defense this team has, I like our chances.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
We've already taken two out of three from Florida earlier this season, outscoring them 11-9 combined.

If any decent team gets really hot bats for a couple of games - which Florida could certainly do - they can beat just about anyone but, with the pitching and defense this team has, I like our chances.
Seven of those runs came against Jury's pitching...

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
And I haven't been keeping up, but will this be JT's 4th game pitched in 5 days? Or did someone else pitch any of the other three?
If so, will that be a problem? I thought they usually didn't need as much rest as baseball pitchers, but I don't know how much is needed. Four games in five days seems like a lot.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
It does sound like a lot of stress on the pitcher & her arm, but, this is what they live for & is when she sucks it up to help bring home the Championship Trophy back home to Bama..And add to our collection of Championship Trophies along side our football NC..If her arm allows her to pitch,,You can bet ya backside she will be on the mound leading out team..No matter if it's football or softball..The will & determination to be the best is why she & all our student athletes comes to Bama..That's to win and push you body & soul to win Championships..JMO
And I haven't been keeping up, but will this be JT's 4th game pitched in 5 days? Or did someone else pitch any of the other three?
If so, will that be a problem? I thought they usually didn't need as much rest as baseball pitchers, but I don't know how much is needed. Four games in five days seems like a lot.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
It is not unusual in womens softball for a pitcher to pitch an entire 3 game series on weekend although you would like to have others who can take up the slack. UK's pitcher had pretty much pitched every inning of every game in May. The stress on the arm and shoulder is apparently different than the overhand motion the guys use.

Traina was somewhat off last year after us winning the championship in 2012 because she did not take any time off. She pitched all of 2012 for us, then pitched the US national team for 3 or 4 months, and then went straight into our 2013 season. She did either injure or wear herself out with pitching almost 2 years straight without a break. That is why Murph has been very careful about the innings she has pitched this year using Jury and the rising star Littlejohn to spell her. Murph also didn't let her bat very much this year. Traina is playing her best ball of her career right now in the WCWS.

RTR

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.