Bama vs. Kennesaw State (Game 1)

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Vincent singles up the middle
Cucjen in the bat for Elliott
Cucjen reaches on a fielders choice, Vincent thrown out at 2nd on the bunt attempt
Cucjen advances to 2nd on a wild pitch
White walks
Salem lines out to 2nd and Cucjen is doubled up at 2nd.

The game tomorrow will be played at Noon due to weather if we win (just announced). I imagine that is Eastern time.

Meanwhile Texas A&M just got SHAFTED big time. Center fielder made a diving catch, then threw to 2nd to double up the runner and the umps called it a trapped ball and gave Rice the run to go ahead 8-7 in the top of the 10th. A&M coach just got tossed and rightfully so, I would have went ballistic as this might cost them the game....

After 8 1/2:
Bama 4-10-0
KSU 1-5-1

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
Cucjen reaches on a fielders choice, Vincent thrown out at 2nd on the bunt attempt
White walks

The game tomorrow will be played at Noon due to weather if we win (just announced). I imagine that is Eastern time.

Meanwhile Texas A&M just got SHAFTED big time. Center fielder made a diving catch, then threw to 2nd to double up the runner and the umps called it a trapped ball and gave Rice the run to go ahead 8-7 in the top of the 10th. A&M coach just got tossed and rightfully so, I would have went ballistic as this might cost them the game....

After 8 1/2:
Bama 4-10-0
KSU 1-5-1
I thought that was a terrible call!

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
White walks

After 8 1/2:
Bama 4-10-0
KSU 1-5-1
Saw it. Yeah he had control of the catch and then lost the ball trying to make the throw. Why they don't have replay at this level I have no idea.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Gilbeau back in to finish the game

McGowan flies out to center
Motley flies out to left
Nixon grounds out to short to force Game 3!!!

Remember everyone the game is at 11am CENTRAL, 12 noon EASTERN tomorrow on ESPN3. It has been moved up due to pending weather.

Ballgame!
Bama 4-10-0
KSU 1-5-1

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I thought that was a terrible call!
Agreed. Now they have to force a run to go on or get put out of the playoffs due to that horrible call. It wasn't even close to me.

Saw it. Yeah he had control of the catch and then lost the ball trying to make the throw. Why they don't have replay at this level I have no idea.
Yea it's a pure shame too. Great catch and double play gets overturned on a horrible call.

BamaBuff24

1st Team
May 2, 2000
FWB, FL USA
I have to admit I haven't kept up with the last part of the season. So I have question. Are there issues with the bull pen? I noticed CMG leaves his starters in for 120 plus pitch count this weekend. Just wondering. RTR!!

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Buff I can live with him leaving the pitchers in this late with the exception of the Florida State game yesterday. I think everyone following the game thread all mentioned Gaspard should have put Burrows in, in the 9th and not taken any chances. Instead he got cute throwing Keller in there and almost cost them the game because of it. It is boneheaded moves like that, that has most of us mad at him and want him gone. Not to mention coaching moves and so forth. I can be a man and say he has done a pretty good job with both ballgames today, but yesterday was a cluster (who know what). That is what has everyone so agitated IMHO.

As for Texas A&M they just put up 1 in the bottom of the 10th to tie the game and have 2 on with 1 out. That is what my old man always called "cheaters justice" even though Rice didn't cheat. As I typed this they just had the winning run thrown out at the plate on a base hit, 3rd base coach should have never sent him with the outfielders playing in as well.

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
Huge to get 2 CGs today. Guilbeau had been used only 15 1/3 IP on the season until today. Those are the kind of things that have to happen to advance out of loser's bracket.

Who's on the hill tomorrow??

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
CMG pushed all the right buttons today. Credit him for that. At least the pen will be rested for tomorrow's game.

Whether he will manage it right, well, that is why they play the games.

RTR!

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
CMG pushed all the right buttons today. Credit him for that. At least the pen will be rested for tomorrow's game.

Whether he will manage it right, well, that is why they play the games.

RTR!
He's playing for the regional championship. Every other coach he's faced, including Florida State's---isn't.
They've gone home.
Credit him with doing a good job, for that's what he's done.
sip

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Yep I will give him credit since the Free Seafood University game. Let's hope he doesn't go back to his old self tomorrow. I'd imagine Hawley would go??

Honestly it wouldn't hurt to through a collective effort at it and go head first at them with our best of the pen.

Meanwhile I'm sitting here watching the worst slide attempt in history when a Louisville player just tried to take someone out. That was as dirty as I've seen them come!!

Sent from my Verizon LG G2 4G

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.