Game Thread: OK, time for the big one - Bama vs. Florida, 7:00 PM, CDT, ESPN2...

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Re: OK, time for the big one - Bama vs. Florida, 7:00 PM, CDT, ESPN...

I personally think it's a great idea to include the softball thread here because more eyes will have the opportunity to see it and participate.
Those ladies work hard and deserve all the support we can give them!
Thanks for starting the thread.
sip
I agree for all the reasons stated !

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

I've deleted the gripers and complainers. (What motivates them is beyond me, except maybe they just like to gripe and complain.) It's offseason and a lot of true Tide fans are very interested in the outcome of the World Series. If you don't like a thread, you damn well don't have to read it and complain about it. I hope I'm clear...
Way to go, boss !

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa

If you are here in T-town, do yourself a favor and go watch the girls. They play a fall brawl tournament in Tuscaloosa during football season. You are very close the action and the girls and coaches are a class act all the way. We honor the seniors every year with their own day and also honor the seniors of the opposing team with flowers if it is their last SEC game. Kaila Hunt had about 50 relatives there for her day. All the player families sit together and develop a close bond. Emily is always fun whipping up the crowd and leading cheers. BTW, she won the ESPN fan of the year last year.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL

I think that perhaps we should adopt a permanent rule - or at least a policy - that from here on out any University of Alabama team or player competing in a National Championship game/event/series/etc. will be automatically granted a dedicated thread on the Football forum.

After all, winning Championships is what we're all about, right? And a Crimson Tide National Championship - in any sport - is certainly "front-page" worthy news, right? And since the Football forum is basically our "front-page" then, well, you get the idea...

:BigA: :biggrin2: :BigA:

Last edited:

major tidefan

All-American
Jul 3, 2006
Boaz,AL

J-Train and the girls keep rolling.Only two wins away from glory.RTR!

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa

Glad to have the thread up. Thanks. We had a thunderstorm here that messed up the satellite during the 6th inning on Sunday, but Tidefans to the rescue. And yes, I watched the golf, watched almost all the softball playoffs, would have watched the doubles tennis tourney -- anything Alabama especially during a drive for a championship. Forensics, fishing, crew, whatever -- if they are representing my alma mater they deserve my support.

Speaking of, the J-Train deserves some run support tonight and I'm hoping #10 is about to work her way out of the mini slump at the most important time.

Roll Tide, beat Florida.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC

There's so much worthwhile football news right now I can't possibly understand why our women's softball team being in the national championship would be on the most viewed page...

Roll tide ladies. I saw a great tweet it said Bama softball needs to win cause it's been a whole week since we won a national title.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

When a championship is on the line it does not matter what sport it is, does it? Heck, I guess I would watch grass grow if Bama was growing it for a championship.
If the Crimson Tide was in the NCAA Division IV National Championship match even in a MARBLES, I'd be watching and pulling for the Crimson Tide.

Oh, well, someone's posts above told me who won the Baseball game today. I just did not know when that game would be played today. I actually thought it was tonight. Is Kennesaw State out-recruiting the Crimson Tide in Baseball? So, sad! I guess if you have a good pitcher and a little defense, the little schools can win.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL

RTR good luck ladies!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

If the Crimson Tide was in the NCAA Division IV National Championship match even in a MARBLES, I'd be watching and pulling for the Crimson Tide.

Oh, well, someone's posts above told me who won the Baseball game today. I just did not know when that game would be played today. I actually thought it was tonight. Is Kennesaw State out-recruiting the Crimson Tide in Baseball? So, sad! I guess if you have a good pitcher and a little defense, the little schools can win.
Baseball is the most unpredictable of all sports. It's a game of streaks. Most of the time, you're hot or cold.
Even the World Series champs normally have a time at some point of the season where they lose 9 out of 11, or their best hitter goes 10 games without getting on base. Then, when it's all over they've lost 65 games and are declared "the best team in the world". It's just the way the game is and that's what makes it so great.
Bama started fast and, unfortunately, hit a down cycle during the latter part of the schedule. It obviously continued into the post season.
At least the kids gave themselves a chance. It was a pretty good season overall, we just didn't quite have the bats we needed to be a legitimate national contender this year.
Congrats to the young men.
sip

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

Well Bama, what's amazing, is that there's probably not one football player on our entire team who can throw an under handed softball fastball 60% as fast as Big-J. Those girls amaze me with their precision and ability. I love watching them. The game is so darn fast, how can you not love it?
sip

Last edited by a moderator:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I may end up listening on the radio and watching the thread. ESPN2 on Comcast here for me is breaking up terribly...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

So far, both teams are hitting it where a defensive player is. If either one starts hitting some holes, it'll open up quickly...

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa

Castro is on the juice. Roids cause a thick chin and stomach. Look at her and tell me she is not using.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.