Game Thread: OK, time for the big one - Bama vs. Florida, 7:00 PM, CDT, ESPN2...

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
The field is the exact size of a Little League Baseball field. The bases are 60 feet, the mound is 48 feet from home plate. Based on the fact that a major league mound is 60 feet six inches away from the plate, a 70 mph pitch from 48 feet equates to a 100 mph pitch in baseball.
I was fortunate to coach a state championship Little League 11 year old team. My pitcher threw it 67.
He struck out 17 of 18 batters in the championship game. One kid hit a soft grounder back to the mound. They couldn't touch him. Trust me Earle, 70 mph from 48 feet is down right blazing.
That ball's coming.
Both girls are doing that, so one of them will get unlucky and give up a big hit to one lucky batter who just happens to get the timing right. I just hope it's the Gator girl.
sip
Rubber is 43 feet from home I believe.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
I told my wife before the game started that this would probably be a 1-0 game. And would cone on a HR because neither team would bunch up enough hits to score otherwise. Hope I was wrong.

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
You're really concerned about exact feet at this point in the game? I'm just pulling for our girls!
If you're right, congratulations!!!!! Now focus on pulling for our girls rather than proving me wrong.
Thanks. Now let me pull for our girls.
Sip
Well frankly i can't watch the game so i am getting up dates here as this is the only place i can find anything on the game. I was merely contributing to the conversation, trying to help prove your point of how hard it is to hit. I don't even know the situation in the game but as usual a football guy rips me one. I'll go back to my baseball forum and sulk. Good luck ladies...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.