Game Thread: OK, time for the big one - Bama vs. Florida, 7:00 PM, CDT, ESPN2...

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Re: OK, time for the big one - Bama vs. Florida, 7:00 PM, CDT, ESPN...

JTrain again dominant. Loved the home run and Hunt's slide to make it 2-0. Great D, ladies.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010

Roll Tide! Go get 'em ladies!

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK

We went 2-1 against them earlier this season. Last game ended in a W 7-0. These girls can bring it home!

TNBama

1st Team
Apr 19, 2000
Knoxville, TN. USA

Im very excited about this series. And its great that its an all SEC championship! Come on Bama, bring one home again!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I will not be able to post in the thread tonight, so I will wish you luck now. Tuscaloosa really is becoming Title Town.

Roll Tide!

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio

Best of luck to the ladies on the diamond.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

Softball? Oh, I thought this was the football forum -
I was thinking someone posted that the "Bama vs FL football game was scheduled for 7:00 pm on Sept 20th.

Darn - I was already thinking about smoking that pork butt all day long...

Oh well....
Lighten up. It's the off season. If Earle started this thread, it's OK to be on the football forum.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I've deleted the gripers and complainers. (What motivates them is beyond me, except maybe they just like to gripe and complain.) It's offseason and a lot of true Tide fans are very interested in the outcome of the World Series. If you don't like a thread, you damn well don't have to read it and complain about it. I hope I'm clear...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

BTW, the last WCWS thread ran eight pages, a fact for which our advertisers, Brett and the rest of us are grateful for in the long, dry season which lasts through the summer until August. As I said above, avert your eyes, if you don't like women in sports - and I don't expect to see any more dog in the manger comments...

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

I have been out of town during most of the WCWS, and haven't go to watch a game since the Super Regional. I am pumped up for this!

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

Florida is a quality team and it should be a good series. Roll Tide. An all SEC WCWS. Who would have thought that just three years ago? I suppose the PAC12 teams will not take the title for granted now. Alabama 2012, Oklahoma 2013 and now Bama or Florida in 2014. I can't remember the number but the PAC12 had won something like 25 straight till Bama ended it for them. :biga:

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

I've deleted the gripers and complainers. (What motivates them is beyond me, except maybe they just like to gripe and complain.) It's offseason and a lot of true Tide fans are very interested in the outcome of the World Series. If you don't like a thread, you damn well don't have to read it and complain about it. I hope I'm clear...
I personally think it's a great idea to include the softball thread here because more eyes will have the opportunity to see it and participate.
Those ladies work hard and deserve all the support we can give them!
Thanks for starting the thread.
sip

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms

I appreciate the thread too. I've watched every game since the tourney began. I think they are great entertainment. Too bad about the boys today though.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

I personally think it's a great idea to include the softball thread here because more eyes will have the opportunity to see it and participate.
Those ladies work hard and deserve all the support we can give them!
Thanks for starting the thread.
sip
When a championship is on the line it does not matter what sport it is, does it? Heck, I guess I would watch grass grow if Bama was growing it for a championship.

BamaFossil

All-American
Jun 3, 2008
Williamsburg, VA

I've been following Bama's softball team and appreciate this thread being on the football forum where it will likely get more eyeballs than if it was solely on the Women's Sports forum. Best wishes to the Tide tonight!!!

Last edited:

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al

I will be watching and rooting for the Tide. I have come to really enjoy softball, especially when the Tide plays.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011

These ladies play at a very high level- and are fun too watch. They also represent the university and this state with a great deal of class and enthusiasm. I have watched every game of the tournament. Do yourself a favor and tune in tonight if you never have.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.