Game Thread: Bama vs. Kennesaw State (Regional Championship)

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
I have not watched all year until today. Just asking a question without criticizing. Is there a reason we have went with Burroughs so long? Is there not anyone in the pen?

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Yea, I know all of that. But this is team that Jax St beat twice this year. And also a team that will get pounded against Louisville. Trust me.
I agree that it's not the easiest pill to swallow, but I had to admit that I was surprised at a stat they showed earlier in the game. Our win last night was only the second time that KSU has been beaten in their last 29 games. Granted, I know they don't play the caliber of competition that we do on a consistent basis, but they came into the NCAAs as the hottest team in the country, for what that's worth.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
That's a wrap on an underwhelming season, see you guys next February.

BamaDan26

Jun 19, 2013
I dont want to sound like a sour loser here but that last strike call was absolutely terrible. One of the worst strike calls i have ever seen.

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
The call was awful but that is no excuse. This is the first time I have watched them this year. Started watching in the 6th and I saw enough pitches taken that were hittable to last a few games. Said it last year and my opinion has not changed...I think we need a change at the top.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Something I did notice was the plate got bigger with the sidearmed pitchers. Other than that I thought the ump did a fairly good job. Both sidearmed pitchers got a ton of calls today though inside/outside.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Inexcusable for an umpire to miss a call on a ball that is both off the plate and below the strike zone. One or the other is somewhat acceptable, but not both.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
I did not see the call so I am not sure how bad it was but apparently is was terrible. The problem is though; and I think another poster pointed it out. How many times did our hitters today let a good pitch go right by with the bat on their shoulders; for that matter how many times did we do it all season.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Kudos to the team for the run after the first game loss. But the bottom line is this- Alabama lost Twice to Kennesaw St in one tournament. It should never happen. I will say it again- Andy Phillips simply needs to go- NOW. No excuses. All of this first pitch swinging and easy outs is maddening. Scored 6 runs in 3 games against this team. Had the pitching to go to Omaha- but run production says no. Missed opportunity- maybe the $35 million investment in the new stadium will provide motivation to go get the best coach Bama can get. And Gaspard is far from that. And yes- I have watched him for 5 years now- a lot.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.