Game Thread: Bama vs. Kennesaw State (Regional Championship)

im4datide

All-SEC
Sep 6, 2001
Spring Hill,TN
This staff simply HAS TO GO! No excuse to lose 2-3 to a Kennesaw St team making their first NCAA tournament appearance. Truthfully I'm surprised we got as far as we did. How long are we going to hear the excuses from CMG until something is done? I'm tired of it.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Bodhi it was very close with that video. Overstreet is right handed and that pitch looked the same almost as that video. The pitch started inside and stayed inside the whole time, then was caught near the tops of the ankle well inside.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
I think the stat that I have the hardest time with is this one- Bama is 1-4 against Troy and Kennesaw St. In the last 2 regionals. Let that one sink in for a moment. That is enough reason alone to consider a change.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
I understand that. But this was their first time in this tournament -ever. And they were 14-20 at one point this season. I know all about the talent in North Atlanta. But this team will get smoked in 2 games at Louisville. Watch and see. Bama should never score only 6 runs in 3 games against this team. Period.
Again, contrary to what you think, Kennesaw State has a very good baseball program and is in a hotbed of talent.

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
This was a missed opportunity. Anytime the #1 seed does a face plant and you have Kennesaw and Ga Southern to beat, you should do it. Offense has been a problem with this team over the years and I suspect it will continue to be.

No question that CMG and staff are getting to tournament most years. That is good enough for a lot of folks. In all honesty, I can't call them bad or terrible. But do I think Alabama could upgrade their coaching and be much better? Absolutely.

Enjoyed it gentleman. RTR!!!

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al
And then they win 23 of 24. Seems like they put it together. Also, they have been in division 1 for only seven years. They beat Georgia and Georgia Tech this season. I will add, in the history of Kennesaw State, the have only one losing season. In 1997 they had an Amazing record of 61-5.

Last edited:

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
I just watched the pitch and honestly I have seen worse calls. When it crossed the plate it looked fairly close to me where it ended up made it look way low but that is not where it crossed, and you learn in little league to swing at anything close. It ended like this season has gone way to much,with a player leaving a bat on his shoulder with men on base.

WPtider

1st Team
Jan 10, 2006
DC
KSU has always been a power player in lower divisions but ask yourself this question, Do you think anyone on KSU's team would have gone there if Alabama or any other SEC program had offered? The answer in all likelihood is no. The same holds true for Troy last year. We are failing to either recruit or develop talent.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
You seemed determined to justify Alabama losing twice to this team but it would never happen if the Tide's program was where it should be. They are a decent club-but not super regional worthy. [pQUOTE=Mamacalled;2398261]And then they win 23 of 24. Seems like they put it together. Also, they have been in division 1 for only seven years. They beat Georgia and Georgia Tech this season. I will add, in the history of Kennesaw State, the have only one losing season. In 1997 they had an Amazing record of 61-5.[/QUOTE]

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.