Game Thread: Bama vs. Kennesaw State (Regional Championship)

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Having the worse baseball facilities in the SEC and the lottery scholarship issues certainly have made winning big at Bama challenging in baseball. Ole Miss's best pitcher is from Hoover and the best pitcher in the state this year is headed to Vandy. The $35 million dollar stadium is going to help. It would also help if the non progressive state government in this state would allow the lottery like 48 other states in this country. But the church crowd will not allow it- and it has nothing to do with morals or ethics. It is about money certain denominations do not want to give up. (I think everyone knows who I am talking about here).
KSU has always been a power player in lower divisions but ask yourself this question, Do you think anyone on KSU's team would have gone there if Alabama or any other SEC program had offered? The answer in all likelihood is no. The same holds true for Troy last year. We are failing to either recruit or develop talent.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If the NCAA ever allows lottery scholarships for football, we'll have one so fast it will make your head spin.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I just watched the pitch and honestly I have seen worse calls. When it crossed the plate it looked fairly close to me where it ended up made it look way low but that is not where it crossed, and you learn in little league to swing at anything close. It ended like this season has gone way to much,with a player leaving a bat on his shoulder with men on base.
The ball never crossed the plate. You have a right handed submarine pitcher throwing to a right handed batter. He threw a slurve that was in and stayed in so I'm not sure how it's humanly possible for that ball to "cross the plate".

Sent from my Verizon LG G2 4G

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Yes, we won without it before- like about 15 years ago. Other states did not have it then- but now they do. Georgia just has not had a coach who could take advantage. High school baseball in Alabama is really,really good. Too much of that talent ends up out of state.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Yep we have enough talent to sustain, heck the barn has more instate than us that are legit. We have to close our borders and get an exciting coach. They only way to revive us from this coma is some kind of first aid, not cleaning house would tell us they don't care. If they move Now we can get a good coach and excitement for the first season n the new Joe.

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham
The ball never crossed the plate. You have a right handed submarine pitcher throwing to a right handed batter. He threw a slurve that was in and stayed in so I'm not sure how it's humanly possible for that ball to "cross the plate".

Yep, I'm sure I've seen worse calls before but I'm hard pressed to come up with one. Just looking at how far the catcher had to reach to catch the ball tells you all you need to know.

pcfixup

Suspended
Feb 2, 2005
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
This lottery thing gets old. We won without it before. Georgia has it. Lot of good it does them.
It did Kennesay State good ... Actually what's happening in Georgia shows that an Alabama Lottery would benefit the Troy's, Jax States, and South Alabamas more than it would UA.

Some of the more knowlegable posters, please correct me on this, but we have never thoroughly dominated in-state recruiting in baseball since Tilden Campbell Left (Save maybe for a couple of Shollenberger's teams in the early 80s (with Madagan) Wells seemed to be able to fill out his better teams (esp in the late 90s) with Juco guys from out of state. That seemed to dry up in the early 2000s

Gaspard, or his successor will need to find a way to get the best High School talent in the state and be able to develop them better than the MLB Farm system can.

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
This lottery thing gets old. We won without it before. Georgia has it. Lot of good it does them.
Count me with those that don't think that a lottery will automatically make 'Bama baseball a dynasty like the football or golf programs. 6 of the 16 teams currently in the super regionals do not benefit from a lottery. UcheaT is another example of a program that has been terrible while having a lottery. Having lottery scholarships in Alabama may help the baseball program get better, but I think that is just speculation. I think a facilities upgrade will help more. JMO.

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al
KSU has always been a power player in lower divisions but ask yourself this question, Do you think anyone on KSU's team would have gone there if Alabama or any other SEC program had offered? The answer in all likelihood is no. The same holds true for Troy last year. We are failing to either recruit or develop talent.
Kennesaw has the #11 and 26th pick overall in the mlb on this team. They both had already been drafted before but stayed with Kennesaw. Pentecost could have played at bigger named schools.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
Kennesaw has the #11 and 26th pick overall in the mlb on this team. They both had already been drafted before but stayed with Kennesaw. Pentecost could have played at bigger named schools.
Ok, have it your way: we should expect losses to Kennesaw St. because they are a mega talented team with a strong winning pedigree and generally make our program look inferior.

Refreshing take. I'm more comfortable with the losses now.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.