Link: Saban contract extension will be approved Tuesday by Alabama trustees

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Okay, I’m confused about this?

http://uasystem.ua.edu/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/web-agenda-060214.pdf

Did I miss something? Kirby Smart, Assistant Coach/Offensive Coordinator?

Is that Burton Burns’s job? Should Offensive Coordinator belong to Lane Kiffin?

If you go to Tide facility page you will see this:

Nick Saban, Head Coach
Burton Burns, Associate Head Coach/Running Backs
Lane Kiffin, Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks
Bo Davis, Defensive Line
Kirby Smart, Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers
Lance Thompson, Outside Linebackers
Bobby Williams, Tight Ends/Special Teams Coordinator
Mario Cristobal, Offensive Line
Billy Napier, Wide Receivers
Joe Pannunzio, Director

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Hey everybody, this is part of the plan - he's going to bail to go to Texas!!!!

According to my sources......

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Saban's contract approved. It lasts until 2022 and pays $6.5 million a year with $400,00 in completion bonuses. Link

"We are honored by the commitment the University of Alabama has made to us with this new contract." Saban said in a UA news release. "It is certainly a mutual agreement in terms of our commitment to the University of Alabama. We will continue to work hard to keep our football program among the nation's elite. My passion has always been to develop young men to their full potential as student-athletes. We've had great success in that area at Alabama and I'm appreciative of all the support and the resources we receive from the administration in order to make that happen.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I just saw a tweet from Cecil Hurt that after this raise/extension, Coach Saban is still the second highest paid collegiate coach in all sports, as Coach K at Duke makes 7.2 mill per year.

Am I the only one who has NEVER heard a peep about Coach K's salary? Nary a negative word from anyone about that.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I just saw a tweet from Cecil Hurt that after this raise/extension, Coach Saban is still the second highest paid collegiate coach in all sports, as Coach K at Duke makes 7.2 mill per year.

Am I the only one who has NEVER heard a peep about Coach K's salary? Nary a negative word from anyone about that.
Duke is a private school, so no one cares how much they pay.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
That is really a bargain for a top coordinator. He needed somebody to give him a chance and likely didn't concern himself with money though USC may have paid him bundle.
Yeah, this is just a setoff against his buyout.
Doubtful. Most places have clauses that the buyout ends when a new school hires the coach. When Tator Tot was at UNA, one of his brothers was a "volunteer" coach in order to make more money from a previous buyout.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Doubtful. Most places have clauses that the buyout ends when a new school hires the coach. When Tator Tot was at UNA, one of his brothers was a "volunteer" coach in order to make more money from a previous buyout.
That wasnt the case with Shula. Seems like I remember that in order to collect the buyout he had to attempt to find comparable employment and said employment was a setoff against the remaining value of his contract. He went to work as a QB coach with the Panthers at bargain.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.