Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

*** DE / DT T.D. Moton Commits to Alabama ***

Anybody know anything about him? Mods -- change title to Moton...I hate spell check. He just committed to Bama.
    Last edited by Padreruf; June 2nd, 2014 at 05:50 PM.
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

2. Advertisement

Re: T.D. Moto

He's a DT out of Louisiana and just committed. His last name needs to be changed to "Moton."

I know...but I cannot change the title for some reason.
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

BamaNation All-American

He's a 4 star DT 6'2" and about 310 lbs. Had lots of offers.

Please. Begging here . . . more than a name in a thread title. Please.

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Good pickup has a impressive offer list.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Impressive, never gives up until ball carrier is down. By the time he is a soph he will require a double team.
    ROLL TIDE

According to Rivals, he doesn't have an offer from LSU. If true, is that something to keep and eye on down the road? Really like this kid and was hoping for a while that we could get him.

I'm liking it a lot, though. CNS recruiting machine in gear. Roll Tide, Mr Moton!!!

Solid interior DL pick-up here. Good frame, good size, and a pretty stout kid to boot, showing up well on films and in camp. He will play the combo end-tackle position in our 3-4 scheme. More of a traditional interior 3-4 guy than the "fast twitch" types we have focused on in the past class or two.

Could have gone just about anywhere in the country, but chose UA. He does list an LSU offer by some reports, but I'm not sure that's actually legitimate (I'd tend to think it's not, frankly), and at the least I don't think he was a serious priority for their staff. Given how they go smaller up front than we do, he's just not as good of a scheme fit for them.

Do note he was previously committed to Mississippi State, which obviously fell through. I wouldn't worry about him reneging for the time being, but I suppose you always have to keep that thing in the back of your mind.
    Last edited by BigEasyTider; June 3rd, 2014 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RammerJammer91 View Post
    According to Rivals, he doesn't have an offer from LSU. If true, is that something to keep and eye on down the road? Really like this kid and was hoping for a while that we could get him.
    You generally don't want to overlook the sway of the traditional in-state power, but I don't think it will be a major issue here. Unless Moton just absolutely explodes in his senior season, or unless LSU really changes their defensive philosophy (and there is zero reason to believe that will happen), then I don't think they will put on the full-court press, so it's likely a moot point.

Again, the LSU scheme in its current form just doesn't place a tremendous value on signing a lot of personnel types like Moton. They will take a player in that mold, but typically that player has to be very high up on their board before it happens.

Welcome! RTR!