DE / DT T.D. Moton De-Commits from Alabama

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Re: DE / DT T.D. Moton

Well popular opinion is we had two spots in this class still available one for a OT and one for a WR, I guess we have three now!

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
its official, as expected Moton has de committed from Alabama via twitter.
"I have Decommitted from University of Alabama.
— TD Moton (@__moton) January 22, 2015"
He is a little late in making this announcement it has been well known for several weeks he is not going to be part of our class. Oh well guess he had to make it official for the sake of the coaching staff at Miss State or wherever he signs.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

This has just been a matter of time until it became public (or at least confirmed by the prospect, I should say), but this isn't really news. Again, things just didn't shape up academically with Moton like we had hoped.

We will see where he ends up, but it looks like Mississippi State is a good possibility. Best of luck to him wherever he goes.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006

This has just been a matter of time until it became public (or at least confirmed by the prospect, I should say), but this isn't really news. Again, things just didn't shape up academically with Moton like we had hoped.

We will see where he ends up, but it looks like Mississippi State is a good possibility. Best of luck to him wherever he goes.
I don't understand. If his academics kept him from qualifying, why would msu sign him?

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

I don't understand. If his academics kept him from qualifying, why would msu sign him?
MSU has to take some risks to keep up with the rest of the SEC West. If he qualifies late, then it paid off. If they resign him in 1-2 years, then it paid off.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013

MSU has to take some risks to keep up with the rest of the SEC West. If he qualifies late, then it paid off. If they resign him in 1-2 years, then it paid off.
I agree...I think a school like MSU can take a academic risk like this one. No disrespect, but they don't get the number of high caliber recruits that a school like Alabama, Florida State, Ohio State, and etc get every recruiting cycle. They get their share of talent, but most of their recruits are under-recruited, under the radar guys who they develop into quality players. I'm not knocking this by any means, but at a school like Bama with the new scholarship limit and with numbers being tight every year...if you aren't the elite of the elite (i.e. Bo Scarbrough), if the coaching staff even think there is a possibility you won't qualify, your spot is gone.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

...if you aren't the elite of the elite (i.e. Bo Scarbrough), if the coaching staff even think there is a possibility you won't qualify, your spot is gone.[/QUOTE]

Kids know this from the start, and still they can't or won't do the work. At the risk of generalizing, it makes you wonder how hard they'll work at football, too.

Thus, a year or two at JC can be an effective antidote for ambivalence.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.