DE / DT T.D. Moton De-Commits from Alabama

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Re: T.D. Moto

He's a DT out of Louisiana and just committed. His last name needs to be changed to "Moton."

RammerJammer91

1st Team
Nov 27, 2012

According to Rivals, he doesn't have an offer from LSU. If true, is that something to keep and eye on down the road? Really like this kid and was hoping for a while that we could get him.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Solid interior DL pick-up here. Good frame, good size, and a pretty stout kid to boot, showing up well on films and in camp. He will play the combo end-tackle position in our 3-4 scheme. More of a traditional interior 3-4 guy than the "fast twitch" types we have focused on in the past class or two.

Could have gone just about anywhere in the country, but chose UA. He does list an LSU offer by some reports, but I'm not sure that's actually legitimate (I'd tend to think it's not, frankly), and at the least I don't think he was a serious priority for their staff. Given how they go smaller up front than we do, he's just not as good of a scheme fit for them.

Do note he was previously committed to Mississippi State, which obviously fell through. I wouldn't worry about him reneging for the time being, but I suppose you always have to keep that thing in the back of your mind.

Last edited:

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

According to Rivals, he doesn't have an offer from LSU. If true, is that something to keep and eye on down the road? Really like this kid and was hoping for a while that we could get him.
You generally don't want to overlook the sway of the traditional in-state power, but I don't think it will be a major issue here. Unless Moton just absolutely explodes in his senior season, or unless LSU really changes their defensive philosophy (and there is zero reason to believe that will happen), then I don't think they will put on the full-court press, so it's likely a moot point.

Again, the LSU scheme in its current form just doesn't place a tremendous value on signing a lot of personnel types like Moton. They will take a player in that mold, but typically that player has to be very high up on their board before it happens.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

This kid is running down RB's on the sideline. A kid who is 310 and is running to the sideline says a lot. Of course that was his sophmore year. Since he sat out last year, I wonder if this season he will jump up the rankings. I would expect LSU to come after him hard if he plays well. As many kids who leave early at LSU, there will be plenty of PT. Of course, hopefully he puts more weight on getting a degree.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.