• No: explain why

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HolyCow

3rd Team
Mar 27, 2010
Field of Dreams
After 5 years under CMG and staff our overall record is 167-136(.551) and SEC is 67-81(.453). It is time to clean house.

Last edited:

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Agreed. We can do better, question will be does the higher ups have what it takes to fire him? Only excuse I've heard to keep him is making the regionals and that is not solid...

Sent from my Verizon LG G2 4G

ptide12

BamaNation Citizen
Apr 18, 2011
I would vote to keep him IF I knew he would fire Andy and move Dax back with the hitters (despite the outstanding performance from our starters in the regional)....but that will not happen. We lose a lot off of this years team, and I expect to be a 30-35 win club again next year. Mediocrity once again. Time to start over since our leader can not make the difficult decisions.

2010: 42-25
2011: 35-28
2012: 21-34
2013: 35-28
2014: 37-24

Last edited:

BamaDynasty

Scout Team
May 9, 2003
Smyrna,GA,USA
Much like Anthony Grant, I really like the person CMG. Class act and handles himself well. That said, SEC baseball is just as competitive as football and maybe even tougher in that teams like State, Ole Miss, and Vandy are established powers.

I do think giving CMG the opportunity to recruit a couple of classes with the new facilities is the right move. Unless there is some Rock Star sitting at home (like when Ron Polk went to UGA and had immediate big time success) I think it's right to make internal adjustments and give him a few more years.

After 1-2 years with the new facility, then you reevaluate.

My hunch is CBB is very patient (he's shown that with Grant) and I expect him to do the same with Baseball.

im4datide

All-SEC
Sep 6, 2001
Spring Hill,TN
Much like Anthony Grant, I really like the person CMG. Class act and handles himself well. That said, SEC baseball is just as competitive as football and maybe even tougher in that teams like State, Ole Miss, and Vandy are established powers.

I do think giving CMG the opportunity to recruit a couple of classes with the new facilities is the right move. Unless there is some Rock Star sitting at home (like when Ron Polk went to UGA and had immediate big time success) I think it's right to make internal adjustments and give him a few more years.

After 1-2 years with the new facility, then you reevaluate.

My hunch is CBB is very patient (he's shown that with Grant) and I expect him to do the same with Baseball.
CMG has had his chance! Read between the lines of his presser after we lost in the opening round of this years SEC tourney. He didn't try to win! First round was single elimination and you start your midweek pitcher? His excuse is they are tired mentally & physically after the Florida series and they will be rested for regionals. He is paid to win ball games and didn't seem to want to make and effort to win the SEC tourney. You lose to Troy last year and get eliminated, this year you lose 2 of 3 to Kennesaw St and are eliminated. I'm tired of losing to teams like this in Regionals! It's time for this staff to go, they have had enough time!

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
A little bird told me that moving Dax anywhere will not be an option shortly, though I agree completely that that would have been the best thing to have done (remove Andy and move Dax).

I trust my little bird, so we will see.

You really want an eye-opener? Take out the games against the SWAC from our overall record and see where we are.

rtr

heathco9

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 25, 2010
CMG will not let Andy go he is one of his best friends and that is not going to happen no matter how bad of a coach he is. Dax was put in a bad position when he took over pitching when Andy was hired but yes he is a better hitting coach than Andy if he lets one go IMO he would have to let them both go and he will not let Andy go. So with that said new stadium or not nothing is going to change unless one of them take a head coaching job somewhere.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.