Scarbinsky: Even a blind squirrel would be nuts not to pick Auburn to win the SEC

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
When the Barn was stinking it up Scab was much more reasonable. But now that they've gotten better it seems his Blue and Orange shades are back on again.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
The same could be said with the barn and the blowout loses they suffered against the good Alabama teams in '08, '11, & '12. Not to mention them losing to a 14-0 Alabama in 2009. This is a rivalry where the better team usually wins. The losses in '10 & '13 took a lot of dumb luck.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree that the better team usually wins. The better team is not necessarily the team with the most talent or best coaches. So since 2007 our record against the barn is 4-3, meaning we had the better team in 2008, 2009, 2011 and 2012. Auburn had the better team in 2007, but although they won in 2010 and 2013 they were lucky since we had the better team. The rationale for losing never changes.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
It seems like we take them serious for a couple of years, then relax. I would love for us to rattle off about nine wins in a row like Coach Bryant did in the 70's.
Excellent insight. I know it's been discussed in a lot of these Barn threads, but what your saying seems to be true.

Seems as though we thought we buried them after '08-09 only for them to come back. Then we kinda did the same in '11-12 only for them to bounce back.

Here's the real uncomfortable reality: they probably are never going to completely go away and 8-10 year winning streaks are a thing of a by-gone era.

We've just got to always be ready for them no matter what because we know the underdog, little brother always wants it more.

If Scab said anything that's true it's about the "reality" and "perception" statement near the beginning of the article. Reality is the barn is usually good enough to beat us every year, especially if we don't prepare well for them. The perception around the SEC and nation is that Bama will always be #1 in the state of Alabama.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.