Tray Matthews Dismissed from Georgia / Transfers to Auburn

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Re: Tray Matthews Dismissed from Georgia

Can he play at an SEC school without special permission?

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

I wouldn't doubt if Auburn offered him to come there. He did help them win a major game. ;) But they will make sure to teach him to bat the ball down next time.

IGetBuckets

Suspended
Jan 13, 2014

I wouldn't doubt if Auburn offered him to come there. He did help them win a major game. ;) But they will make sure to teach him to bat the ball down next time.
This Lady gets it

No doubt he should go to auburn - he is already a hero there, and will continue to be if he never plays a snap.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Sabanesque-style language from Richt. Most of the departures are on one side of the ball. I'm sure that has nothing to do with the fact that they hired an Alabama guy for the job.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Sabanesque-style language from Richt. Most of the departures are on one side of the ball. I'm sure that has nothing to do with the fact that they hired an Alabama guy for the job.
I can't recall Saban ever using language this strong to describe a player's dismissal. I don't know what Matthews did, but it's pretty obvious that it wasn't just petty stuff like missed classes, failed drug tests, and that type of thing.

Heck, even when Nick Marshall was caught literally stealing from money and wallets from his teammates in the UGA locker room, it didn't generate this kind of a statement.

Last edited:

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL

. I don't know what Matthews did.
He was one of the rocket scientists arrested for double cashing checks via a smartphone app then cashing them at a gas station a couple months ago. Not sure why he wasn't kicked off the team then.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK

Is the release even a factor in the case of a dismissal from the team? I thought that was only in the case of a player requested transfer.

"I always liked playing them (UGA) early in the season because you could always count on 2 or 3 them being suspended"
-Paraphrase of Steve Spurrier while at Florida, asked about playing UGA early in the season.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

I can't recall Saban ever using language this strong to describe a player's dismissal. I don't know what Matthews did, but it's pretty obvious that it wasn't just petty stuff like missed classes, failed drug tests, and that type of thing.

Heck, even when Nick Marshall was caught literally stealing from money and wallets from his teammates in the UGA locker room, it didn't generate this kind of a statement.
When a player is suspended, our coach's version goes something like this: 'We're going to spend our time talking about and working with the kids who do the right things." For Mark "Cause we love 'em" Richt, his closing remarks on Matthews amount to Michael Corleone's "dead to me now" speech. Maybe that's because he's lost 75 percent of his starting defensive backfield in the last six weeks.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC

When a player is suspended, our coach's version goes something like this: 'We're going to spend our time talking about and working with the kids who do the right things." For Mark "Cause we love 'em" Richt, his closing remarks on Matthews amount to Michael Corleone's "dead to me now" speech. Maybe that's because he's lost 75 percent of his starting defensive backfield in the last six weeks.
I would imagine it's because Richt gave him a ton of opportunities to act right and he never did. If you put trust in a person and then they slap you in the face it is understandable to not have positive feelings for them. I'm not defending how Richt handles his players but I would imagine he gave Matthews chance after chance to do better and he never complied.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL

Isn't he the guy who tipped the ball into Ricardo Louis' hand on the Hail Mary???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.

Atl news reporting that he said Bama is now in the mix,along w/Florida, Louisville and the boogs...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.