Tray Matthews Dismissed from Georgia / Transfers to Auburn

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Re: Tray Matthews Dismissed from Georgia

Isn't he the guy who tipped the ball into Ricardo Louis' hand on the Hail Mary???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not certain, but I thought he was the one going for the "basket catch" interception, and the other guy (who is also off the team now, I think) was the one going for the "hands" interception and actually tipped the ball, causing it to bounce off of TM's shoulder (IIRC). Both of them made very bad plays, regardless.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL

Not certain, but I thought he was the one going for the "basket catch" interception, and the other guy (who is also off the team now, I think) was the one going for the "hands" interception and actually tipped the ball, causing it to bounce off of TM's shoulder (IIRC). Both of them made very bad plays, regardless.
Well I just saw the play again and it was actually Josh Harvey-Clemons that tipped but Matthews was one of the defenders next to Louis.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA

In an exclusive interview Wednesday evening with The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Matthews admitted to having a loud and distracting conversation with a fellow UGA athlete on the final day of Maymester classes Tuesday, but vehemently denied having disrespected Dr. Ronald Bogue, the professor of his Children’s Literature course.

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/coll...sruption-caused-dismissal/ngD3L/?nmredir=true

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Atl news reporting that he said Bama is now in the mix,along w/Florida, Louisville and the boogs...
Wasn`t or isn`t he friends with some of our recent recruits? I want to say Rashaan Evans but that may not be accurate.

scrodz

1st Team
Jan 29, 2008
Baltimore, MD

Was the class teaching him how to WRITE children's literature, or how to READ children's literature?

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

No surprise here.

This would seem to be the place where we remind ourselves that we signed a kid who had discipline problems at Georgia and welcomed back someone who took part in robbery and assault.

Carry on.

IGetBuckets

Suspended
Jan 13, 2014

I understand Matthews Compensation Package includes a 2013 SEC Championship ring, a year's supply of Corky Frost Signature Sirloin "Tips", and a complete boxed set of the works of Dr Seuss.

Last edited:

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL

At least at the Barn he will never have to worry about getting kicked out of a class again. He will not have to darken the door of a classroom on the Plains.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina

Good Grief..."I'm truly blessed for this opportunity and second chance that God and Coach Gus has blessed me with. I'm excited and ready to Excel at AU" and "Ready to be an Auburn Man. I'm very humbled by all that has happened . Truly blessed. Au family and fans we in this together. WDE!! #Blessed" LINK

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Good Grief..."I'm truly blessed for this opportunity and second chance that God and Coach Gus has blessed me with. I'm excited and ready to Excel at AU" and "Ready to be an Auburn Man. I'm very humbled by all that has happened . Truly blessed. Au family and fans we in this together. WDE!! #Blessed" LINK
The whole AU "Family and AU man" schtick gets very old and is way overused. Mark Richt was dumb to kick him off scholarship because that enabled TM to transfer wherever he wanted. He should have kept him on and told him he had to transfer outside the SEC. That's what I would have done.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

This would seem to be the place where we remind ourselves that we signed a kid who had discipline problems at Georgia and welcomed back someone who took part in robbery and assault.

Carry on.
Agree 100%... Unfortunately it seems some BAMA fans care more about the negative out of Lee County than the positives in Tuscaloosa. The kid screwed up as several of our have and I hope ALL of them have learned their lesson and take advantage of the 2nd chance to get their degree.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.