Game Thread: Bama vs. UF - Game Two...

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Not questioning for a second that they deserve it, but I'm wondering how we beat them 2 out of 3 in the regular season. I wasn't able to follow much during the season.

Got a triple... still alive.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Congrats to the Gators. They were the better team at the end of the year. They ended up with 1 more win than us and it was the 1 win that counted most.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Congrats to the girls for a GREAT season! How many teams simply wished they could play for national title. Our girls got themselves in that position. Florida proved to be a little better team overall. Let's give them credit for doing a great job and give our girls credit for being in the position to beat them. I'm sad, but by no means, am I disappointed. Our gals gave it their all.
Roll Tide Roll! Thanks ladies!
sip

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
That's alright Ladies..Y'all have represented us well this year as always..Our Boys will exact revenge for the Tide Nation this coming season when we beat the poop out of Will's Boys this coming season..I have no doubts about that at all..

Last edited:

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
The Gators were really good in all facets. Gotta give them credit. Really nice season for our team.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I think Tide Man has it right. Bama will exact it's revenge in the pigskin arena on Sept. 20th.

In the meantime congrats to the Alabama lady softball team for playing hard, never giving up, and making it to the championship. It's always an honor for Florida to play a fine program like Alabama. Win or lose.

I'm with you Earle on the pitching decision tonight. And thanks for the game threads. Hope to see our two teams play each other again in next year's championship.

RTR!

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Congrats ladies-take a bow. 53-13 record, SEC champs national runner-up. Finishing 2nd out of over 300 division one teams is impressive. Great job Coach Murphy and ladies. Simply ran into a hot Gator club. Very proud of the program and these young women.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Couple of things, I agree with Coach Murphy on starting Traina - it's just like in baseball when the game is on the line you want your pitcher to win or lose on his best pitch. Traina is our best, right now, it didn't work out the way we wanted but I think it was the right decision.

We are now 0-5 vs. Florida in the WCWS. Just as Florida's coach did a complete overhaul of his approach to the season and especially the WCWS, I think it is time for Coach Murphy do to some internal analysis to determine if there are changes needed to our program and how we do things - including the WCWS (where we are 16-17 overall, 12-7 from 2009 forward).

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Couple of things, I agree with Coach Murphy on starting Traina - it's just like in baseball when the game is on the line you want your pitcher to win or lose on his best pitch. Traina is our best, right now, it didn't work out the way we wanted but I think it was the right decision.

We are now 0-5 vs. Florida in the WCWS. Just as Florida's coach did a complete overhaul of his approach to the season and especially the WCWS, I think it is time for Coach Murphy do to some internal analysis to determine if there are changes needed to our program and how we do things - including the WCWS (where we are 16-17 overall, 12-7 from 2009 forward).
I see your point but keep in mind there are 300+ teams out there that wish they could just make it to OKC. I wish our record was a little better as well but it is a heck of an accomplishment making it there.Congrats on a great year ladies.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think the girls did wonderfully this year, working around some obvious holes and that's Murph's doing. I may quibble with a decision here and there, but there's a good reason LSU was willing to pay very big bucks to land him. There will be other suitors coming...

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Not questioning for a second that they deserve it, but I'm wondering how we beat them 2 out of 3 in the regular season. I wasn't able to follow much during the season.

Got a triple... still alive.
I listened to this during the first game from one of the game announcers:
Their coach is a former baseball NCAA (Univ. of Oklahoma) and pro ball (Philadelphia Phillies) pitcher. Prior to the post season, he took an active, hands-on interest in improving Hannah Rogers' pitching.
He did that by standing directly behind the plate during Hannah's pitching practice so that he could watch her pitching from a batter's prospective.
After that, Florida never lost a game.

Congrats to the Gators on a great series and their WCWS win.

Congrats also to Coach Murphy and the lady Tide for a great season. You've done the UA proud, once again. RTR
:biga:

Last edited:

BamaFossil

All-American
Jun 3, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
Congratulations to the softball team for a GREAT season!! There are a lot of teams that can only wish they could experience participation in the WCWS. To have made it to the finals is a terrific accomplishment.

Hats off to Florida. I gotta' admit they looked like the best team in Ok. City. I hope Hannah Rogers is a senior... :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.