Game Thread: Bama vs. UF - Game Two...

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Congratulations to the softball team for a GREAT season!! There are a lot of teams that can only wish they could experience participation in the WCWS. To have made it to the finals is a terrific accomplishment.

Hats off to Florida. I gotta' admit they looked like the best team in Ok. City. I hope Hannah Rogers is a senior... :)
This sums it up. Great year ladies! Florida just had the hot hand for the tournament.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I see your point but keep in mind there are 300+ teams out there that wish they could just make it to OKC. I wish our record was a little better as well but it is a heck of an accomplishment making it there.Congrats on a great year ladies.
We all know how special it is just to be there, and I'm not trying to diminish that achievement in any way. However, for me, what is the ultimate goal? To be there, or to win it once you get there? There are only 8 teams with a shot at winning and one of those eight will take home the hardware - might as well be us.

Regardless, I'm as proud of our girls as anyone and I know they wanted to win it even more than I wanted them to. They'll soon be back at the WCWS, and often.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
As I`m sure he and his staff will, I think it would be very interesting to be a fly on the wall when Coach Murphy leads them through a review of the season and especially the WCWS. Just to see how they break down their approaches to the game, changes (if any) for next year, etc., etc.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Congrats for a great season, ladies. Sorry for the seniors who won't get an opportunity to beat Florida next time. Coach has got a great team coming back and Hannah Rogers won't face them ever again as she is a senior!

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Congrats for a great season, ladies. Sorry for the seniors who won't get an opportunity to beat Florida next time. Coach has got a great team coming back and Hannah Rogers won't face them ever again as she is a senior!
Glad we don`t have to face her, absolutely, but ever notice that there`s always some new wunderkind that comes along?

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.