BOL: Former Clemson QB Chad Kelly Visits Alabama on Sunday

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Click here

Former Clemson QB Chad Kelly visited Alabama on Sunday, sources tell BamaOnline. Kelly, who was dismissed from Clemson due to conduct detrimental to the team earlier in the spring, is currently at East Mississippi C.C. in Scooba, Miss. The dismissal came on the heels of two alleged incidents during and after the Tigers' spring game.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I hope he was given a map of Alabama, told to drive 160 miles east, and told to look for the chipmunk looking guy with the goofy glasses, white hat, and no defense. Even told him, "Hey, Marshall's gone after this year so you can spell him and start next year."

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Well, one thing I've learned about Nick is that he will take fliers on kids. He thinks he can do things with kids that no one else can do. Frequently, he's right. I don't know of anyone else who could have kept Boo in school for three years, much less turned him into a leader while there...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
So what's the scoop on the kind of player he is??? I'll let CNS make the decision about these type of situations, but what's the scoop on his ability?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Setting his issues at Clemson aside, look at how much eligibility he has left. When he leaves EMCC, he will have two years to play. Are Saban and Kiffin that worried about Cornwell and/or Bateman taking over when Coker leaves?

pluckngrit

Suspended
Nov 2, 2003
This kid is trouble, you devil's advocates (this board is full of them, lol) need to do a little research.

scrodz

1st Team
Jan 29, 2008
Baltimore, MD
I heard he refused to take part in one of Dabo's prayer meetings, but that was from a USCe fan, so take it with a grain of salt.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Setting his issues at Clemson aside, look at how much eligibility he has left. When he leaves EMCC, he will have two years to play. Are Saban and Kiffin that worried about Cornwell and/or Bateman taking over when Coker leaves?
I really doubt this is a commentary on how CNS feels about Cornwell or Bateman.

It's dangerous to just go on what you hear about a player's trouble (although we are all influenced by these rumors). But good news is, whatever happened, CNS would get to the bottom of it.

Do we even know why he visited? Maybe he called and requested a visit and/or we called him. No damage in exploring options by either side.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.