Link: Miami (FL) in Talks to Play Alabama or LSU

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
Somebody invite Lamar Thomas. Please. :)
I was just going to say that someone should create a video of his finest moments in that Sugar Bowl. It should start out with a black screen and the words "Everybody knows me...", add in his fumbles, dropped passes, and being run down by Teague and stripped, and then end with him on the bench, peeking out from under the towel over his head.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I was just going to say that someone should create a video of his finest moments in that Sugar Bowl. It should start out with a black screen and the words "Everybody knows me...", add in his fumbles, dropped passes, and being run down by Teague and stripped, and then end with him on the bench, peeking out from under the towel over his head.
And also replay his inane remarks after the game that our DBs weren't all that great. If they weren't then what does that make him?

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
And also replay his inane remarks after the game that our DBs weren't all that great. If they weren't then what does that make him?
A typical post-Bama trauma victim. I've noticed that a lot of the players on other teams talk about how we aren't all that great after enduring beatings that would make interrogators in Pyongyang cringe.

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
I read a story in the paper once re: Thomas and Teague.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/08/alabama_ultimate_moment_the_st.html

Teague believes The Strip made him an NFL first-round draft choice. Several years later, he signed as a free agent with the Miami Dolphins. Thomas was a teammate.

"Every time I was in the locker room, if Lamar was somewhere and I was heading that direction, all the guys said, 'Hey, Lamar, watch out! Teague's behind you!'"
Hahaha, classic.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
In other words, Miami is looking for a high-profile national opponent to re-announce their arrival to the national scene.

Essentially, they are just doing a keg-stand on the Golden-colored Kool-Aid. Better chance is they show up and get shellacked and continue to be mediocre and nationally irrelevant.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Sure I'll take it!!! It's funny how whenever Miami get brought up on this board Lamar Thomas' name always seems to find itself on here as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
Best Thomas/Teague quote ever IMHO:

Lamar Thomas was running for a TD. George Teague was running for his life.
-Coach Stallings when asked how the slower Teague ran Thomas down (It was Teague's blown coverage that allowed the catch)

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Bama already has Colorado State scheduled for 2017. Adding Miami would help boost the SOS a bit.

I'd prefer a home and home myself.
These games in Atlanta and Dallas are great recruiting tools.

I'd really like to see that because we'll need a quality opponent OOC every year going forward. What would be great is if we could play it in the Superdome. That would generate some extra interest I'd imagine.

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006
Bama already has Colorado State scheduled for 2017. Adding Miami would help boost the SOS a bit.

I'd prefer a home and home myself.
Miami's stadium is a dump, and it's not very big IIRC. I'd much rather see a neutral site.

luvthat_TIDE

All-SEC
Aug 10, 2004
Sure I'll take it!!! It's funny how whenever Miami get brought up on this board Lamar Thomas' name always seems to find itself on here as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oh yeah. This thread got hi jacked right after the thread was opened.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.