Pay-off if California Chrome wins Saturday?

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
American Pharoah is the fourth in my lifetime (yeah, I'm old). He is a special horse. I thought of the ones lately (California Chrome, Smarty Jones, Big Brown etc) this one had the most potential to pull it off. I still thought the odds were against him.

I think Pharoah is at least as good as Affirmed and maybe better than Seattle Slew. But not Secretariat or Citation "special". ( Never saw Citation run, but my father, born in 1907 was well schooled in horse racing and always said the best he had ever seen were Big Red and Citation).

Found myself standing into front of the TV screaming "turn him loose Victor" at the top of the stretch. What was most impressive is that Pharoah made it look easy by pulling away at the finish.
I still think Big Brown is the best horse of the last 10-20 years.

Kentucky Derby:
Big Brown - 2:01.82
American Pharoah - 2:03.02

Preakness:
Big Brown - 1:54.80
American Pharoah - 1:58.46

Belmont:
Big Brown - Eased (Crack in his hoof before the race)
American Pharoah - 2:26.65

Without the crack in his hoof before the race or the fact that a shoe came loose during the race, who knows what would have happened with Big Brown. Hard to say, but he was faster than AP in the previous two legs of the Triple Crown. Big Brown was a very special horse who ran into some really bad luck at Belmont.

Tider n LA

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2003
Alabama
I still think Big Brown is the best horse of the last 10-20 years.

Kentucky Derby:
Big Brown - 2:01.82
American Pharoah - 2:03.02

Preakness:
Big Brown - 1:54.80
American Pharoah - 1:58.46

Belmont:
Big Brown - Eased (Crack in his hoof before the race)
American Pharoah - 2:26.65

Without the crack in his hoof before the race or the fact that a shoe came loose during the race, who knows what would have happened with Big Brown. Hard to say, but he was faster than AP in the previous two legs of the Triple Crown. Big Brown was a very special horse who ran into some really bad luck at Belmont.
Big Brown was using steroids. They are illegal now. The times are open for debate. Any given track can be faster or slower on any given day.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.