Bama In The Draft

bamajake

1st Team
Sep 27, 2001
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
It has already been posted on here that Turnbull went in the second and Moore in the 8th. Justin Kamplain was drafted by the Yankees in the 18th and Austen Smith went to the Marlins in the 33rd.

It looks like we won't lose too many signees to the pros. Matt Morgan, a catcher from Thorsby went to the Blue Jays in the 4th. Interesting that the Blue Jays took another catcher in the 4th after drafting Pentecost in the first.

My question is this: Should we be happy that we didn't have but one signee drafted or should we be concerned that the pros thought that only one of our players was good enough to be drafted.

By the way, football signee Keith Holcombe of Hillcrest-Tuscaloosa was drafted by the Diamondbacks in the 37th round.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Them Thorsby cats can ball, great pick up. Yea I heard Holcombe was pretty dang good. I wonder if he'll play both sports?

bamajake

1st Team
Sep 27, 2001
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
Morgan can flat play. I had him in the playoffs last year. He is a good kid too. Too bad we will never see him in Crimson. I also worked Holcombe in football and baseball several times. In my opinion, he may be a better baseball player than football player.

Other picks of note: The Padres drafted Johnny Manziel as a shortstop in the 28th round, the Tigers picked Maglio Ordonez in the 38th and the Yankees drafted Mariano Rivera in the 29th.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.