News Article: Jimbo Fisher: Jacob Coker is Most Talented QB in Saban's Time at UA

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
So Coker has more talent than A.J.? Well of course. Just look at all he's proven on a football field.
Physical skills does not in any way make you a Quarterback.
This kid is coming in as the next, "Billy Ray". Expectations and hopes beyond belief.
It's really not fair to him.
I hope to goodness the result isn't the same.
I think our starting QB next year is going to be Blake Simms.
However, if Coker actually "wins" the position, then I'll pull for him 10,000%.
I just want to see him actually perform before I annoint him as the next Joe Namath.
sip
Well to be honest in the end it won't matter who wins, even though I see it being coker, cuz every1 is going to do the same thing they did in 2011 and abandon their stance about the loser. I like Simms and he has earned my respect for toughing out these years n d shadow of AJ and not having a guarenteed starting job when AJ is gone,but he failed to make anybody who was on d fence about this go to his side with his performance at A day. Thus d debate continues. But if you want to be honest most of the talk is because rival fans trying to make a mockery of saban and kiffen. And for reasons that Simms should start it really shouldn't be because he has been here so long cuz if that is true then upchurch should have started over Ingram in 09. But like I said who wins really doesn't matter come chickfila kickoff day

Last edited:

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Re: Jimbo Fisher: Jacob Joker is Most Talented QB in Saban's Time at UA

Nobody said JC was a better QB than anyone. Jimbo said more more talented. Bigger, taller, stronger, faster, better arm. Does that make JC a better QB than AJ or Blake Simms or anyone else? Of course not. Jimbo is really just talking about raw physical ability. Can't really disagree with him there. Like anyone other player on our team being talented doesn't mean you automatically start or even get to play. JC has to put in the work and produce in practice and gel with the team etc.
I didn't say anybody said that. The thread OP said "Jimbo Fisher--Jacob Coker Is The Most Talented Quarterback In The Saban Era". My opening line was, "So Coker is more talented than A.J.?"
I was disagreeing with Fisher.
sip

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

I didn't say anybody said that. The thread OP said "Jimbo Fisher--Jacob Coker Is The Most Talented Quarterback In The Saban Era". My opening line was, "So Coker is more talented than A.J.?"
I was disagreeing with Fisher.
sip
I took your post as inferring that JC wasn't more talented than any other QB we have had under Saban, which I don't see how anyone could say. Its all just speculation anyway. I know the coaches will play who they think will give us the best chance to win. Doesn't really matter to me who it is. We don't have any QB on our roster who has proved anything so it will be interesting to see how it plays out this fall.

trunkdog

Suspended
Oct 21, 2011

LMAO - I like your style big dog, I like your style!

“Talent hits a target no one else can hit. Genius hits a target no one else can see.”
― Arthur Schopenhauer

So much for talent!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.