Indiana Girl commits to play DB for NAIA college

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
5' 6" and 140 lb. DB. I know it's NAIA, but even if she can take the physical contact, she'll be eaten alive by average 6 foot receivers.

I'm ok with women in high places but I just hope this doesn't catch on. JMHO.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Yeah not to mention she is never going to out jump or jam anybody over 6 feet. I don't want to sound sexist but this looks like a failure waiting to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11b

Jul 8, 2013
You do not have to make a tackle at db if you always prevent the wr from getting his hands on the ball. That does seem impossible though since every db on the best defense in the nation still sometimes let's one get by.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
You do not have to make a tackle at db if you always prevent the wr from getting his hands on the ball. That does seem impossible though since every db on the best defense in the nation still sometimes let's one get by.
Incorrect, defensive backs make tackles in run support or in blitz packages all the time. If you can't tackle or cover you are nothing more than a media stunt.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
I'll direct you to this table, summarizing last year's all-NCAA tackle leaders. Besides linebackers, defensive backs are the second most important tacklers on defense.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Incorrect, defensive backs make tackles in run support or in blitz packages all the time. If you can't tackle or cover you are nothing more than a media stunt.
... A media stunt that may look nice now, but in five years I just see this having a bad ending for the college.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
Never started a game on the varsity team? Seems like a publicity stunt.

But then again, they don't have roster limits at that level and anyone can be part of the team.

I remember have a fraternity brother that was dead set on being a QB at Alabama. They let him be on the "scout team" and throw warmup passes to other scout team wideouts at practice and he even dressed for A-day, but never got on the field.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Deion Sanders says hi.
Beat me to it. However, DS could catch up with any receiver in two steps. I've only seen a couple of clips of her, but her first two steps don't even look good enough to me even for NAIA ball. I think it's going to be mostly a PR stunt. I don't think she'll play much, if any, in a game...

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I haven't watched her play, but I almost have to wonder if (Like Earl said) if it's not a PR stunt, or if they really are that desperate for players. I just don't see a scenario where this ends well for her, her teammates, or the school. I applaud her efforts and for chasing after her dreams, but I can't imagine being one of the guys on that team and knowing how awkward the locker room is about to become.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
I haven't watched her play, but I almost have to wonder if (Like Earl said) if it's not a PR stunt, or if they really are that desperate for players. I just don't see a scenario where this ends well for her, her teammates, or the school. I applaud her efforts and for chasing after her dreams, but I can't imagine being one of the guys on that team and knowing how awkward the locker room is about to become.
Of course it's a PR move, the greatest female athlete in histor wouldn't be in the top 1,000 for males. 10,000 maybe.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Beat me to it. However, DS could catch up with any receiver in two steps. I've only seen a couple of clips of her, but her first two steps don't even look good enough to me even for NAIA ball. I think it's going to be mostly a PR stunt. I don't think she'll play much, if any, in a game...
Years ago when he was still playing, I heard a great line from some commentator on one of the ESPN shows. Something along the lines of Sanders hated anything associated with tackle so much that he even refused to go fishing. The way HE worded it was funny.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.