What ate this 9 foot great white?

Rattlehead82

1st Team
Feb 3, 2008
Pace, FL
The temperature spike and the 1,900 foot plunge makes this very interesting. I'd like to hear more details, but that's what the documentary is going to be for I'm sure.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
“The question that not only came to my mind but everyone’s mind who was involved was, ‘What did that?’ It was obviously eaten. What’s gonna eat a shark that big? What could kill a [9-foot] great white?”
seriously? obviously eaten? did they have a camera mounted on it to see it happened?

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Electronic malfunction perhaps?
my first guess would be a bigger great white, my second guess is killer whale, my third is the tracker malfunctioned and fell out.
The video clip explains it pretty well. It wasn't just one piece of evidence, it was the sudden drop, the increase in temperature surrounding the tracker, the way it stayed underwater (yet still within a fairly common pattern) and the way the temperature decreased suddenly, the way the tracker floated to an altitude of 0 before finding it's way to a beach.

That wouldn't be one malfunction, that would be at least 5 malfunctions all happening in a perfect sequence. That seems like a doubtful scenario.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.