Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    TE Jackson Harris Commits to Georgia

    Harris is from Columbia, TN and ranked the number 7 TE by 247. He's announcing this Thursday. Georgia, Vanderbilt, Florida and Alabama are in the mix to get his commitment.

    Profile

    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

    "We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

  2. Advertisement
  3. #2
    FB | REC Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    10,029

    Re: TE Jackson Harris Updates

    Harris is a pretty versatile kid and heavily recruited. He's physically in the mold of a guy like Vogler or Hentges -- i.e. long frame, good size, and physical -- and he could project to a lot of different roles at Alabama (or elsewhere). He's kind of a do-it-all in the prep ranks... plays traditional end-of-line TE, H-back, occasionally flexes out wide, and plays defensive end too. Not exactly an elite-caliber athlete, but he does move pretty well for his size.

    FWIW, the UGA homers feel really confident about their chances here. Good news for UA is that Harris took a visit to Tuscaloosa last week, so hopefully that can sway him. I do think he's a take for the staff if he will commit, however, and we've recruited him pretty hard.

  4. #3
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Inverness, AL
    Posts
    5,469

    Re: TE Jackson Harris Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyTider View Post
    Harris is a pretty versatile kid and heavily recruited. He's physically in the mold of a guy like Vogler or Hentges -- i.e. long frame, good size, and physical -- and he could project to a lot of different roles at Alabama (or elsewhere). He's kind of a do-it-all in the prep ranks... plays traditional end-of-line TE, H-back, occasionally flexes out wide, and plays defensive end too. Not exactly an elite-caliber athlete, but he does move pretty well for his size.

    FWIW, the UGA homers feel really confident about their chances here. Good news for UA is that Harris took a visit to Tuscaloosa last week, so hopefully that can sway him. I do think he's a take for the staff if he will commit, however, and we've recruited him pretty hard.
    I agree with you. He can be a physical blocking TE with his frame and he looks like he may can move a little better than Vogler does or Michael Williams did. Hope we get him but having a committment from Hentges may hurt us. It appear we are going to take 2 TE's in this class if things work out.

  5. #4
    Thread Starter

    Re: TE Jackson Harris Updates

    Here's a VIP article on 247 with Harris talking about his recent visit to Tuscaloosa. He says he already knows his decision but won't announce until Thursday. Link
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

    "We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

  6. #5
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Inverness, AL
    Posts
    5,469

    Re: TE Jackson Harris Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyTider View Post
    FWIW, the UGA homers feel really confident about their chances here. Good news for UA is that Harris took a visit to Tuscaloosa last week, so hopefully that can sway him. I do think he's a take for the staff if he will commit, however, and we've recruited him pretty hard.
    I was watching Tider Insider on WVUA last night and Rodney Orr said he spoke with some of his Georgia sources and they were confident about getting Harris' commitment also. He said it would not surprise him if we got his commitment however. We will know tomorrow.

  7. #6
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,175

    Re: TE Jackson Harris Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by TiderJ View Post
    I was watching Tider Insider on WVUA last night and Rodney Orr said he spoke with some of his Georgia sources and they were confident about getting Harris' commitment also. He said it would not surprise him if we got his commitment however. We will know tomorrow.
    Heck, Georgia fans think they get EVERY player they want. I know Bama is really on a roll on the field and on the recruiting trail under CNS but I never assume any kid is coming to Bama.

    Of course, IMO, he could go to UGA and play for a perrenial "also ran" or come to Bama and play on a team that's in the hunt for a NC almost every year. Kind of a no brainer, IMO. I know though, there's often a lot more to it for these kids though.

  8. #7
    Thread Starter

    Re: TE Jackson Harris Updates

    Jalen Harris, a TE from St. James Academy in Montgomery, made a return trip to Tuscaloosa today. Possibly a sign of where Jackson Harris is going. Jalen was offered a scholarship last week, btw.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

    "We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

  9. #8
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Inverness, AL
    Posts
    5,469

    Re: TE Jackson Harris Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Jalen Harris, a TE from St. James Academy in Montgomery, made a return trip to Tuscaloosa today. Possibly a sign of where Jackson Harris is going. Jalen was offered a scholarship last week, btw.
    Do you know what time Jackson Harris is announcing today RTR?

  10. #9
    Thread Starter

    Re: TE Jackson Harris Updates

    Jackson will announce at 6 central tonight on RecruitingNation.com. Try this link to watch it.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

    "We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

  11. #10
    Thread Starter

    Re: TE Jackson Harris Updates

    AlabamaIntel concedes Harris to Georgia. Says it's good that Jalen Harris is coming back to campus today and tomorrow.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

    "We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

  12. #11
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Inverness, AL
    Posts
    5,469

    Re: TE Jackson Harris Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    AlabamaIntel concedes Harris to Georgia. Says it's good that Jalen Harris is coming back to campus today and tomorrow.
    Oh well. Jalen looks to be more in the OJ mold and I think you were right that him coming back to campus was a sign we missed on Jackson.

  13. #12
    Thread Starter

    Re: TE Jackson Harris Updates

    As expected, Jackson Harris committed to Georgia tonight.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

    "We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

  14. #13
    Thread Starter

    Re: TE Jackson Harris Updates

    This can mean a few things. One being Jalen Harris will commit. The other being one of the QBs really enjoyed the trip.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

    "We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 

TideFansStore.com - FAN Gear

BAMA Sports Calendar