Jon Keller to miss 2015 to TJ surgery....

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
When YOU post things like that, it's time to jump ship:tongue:
:)

I must admit that it will be hard to replace an entire weekend staff assuming Kamplain goes pro. The only real reason he should stay (imo) is he can get his stock up in the top 5 rounds or so. The way the mlb draft is set up now with $$$ after the first few rounds the signing money becomes not all that great. Lets face it, the odds even if drafted highly are stacked against you to make it in the show and sign that lucrative contract.

Would love to see him back, but I would probably take the chance if I was him.

Congrats to Turnbull on his signing this A.M.!

now, on to next year with what is on the roster pitching wise:
Bramblett
Guilbeau
Freeman
Castillo
Burrows
Shaw
Eicholtz (if anyone know what happened to him, let me know, I have no idea where he went at the end of the season. Hurt?)
Hubbard
Hess
Greer
Keller *Surgery
Adams
Oczypok (where was he at this year?)

I am not as close to the program as many, just a fan, but seriously what happened to Oczypok and Eicholtz? I was thinking Mike was gonna be a good contributor this year.

Defensively we are returning (as far as I know):
Wass (C)
Overstreet (2B)
White (SS)
Webb (OF)
Salem (OF)
Blanchard (OF)
Haynie (IF)
Cucjen (IF)
Hughston (OF)
Elliott (OF)
Goodson (OF)

There is a lot of returning players there. 2 starters Moore and Smith gone along with their leadership and overall abilities. Next has the recipe to be a decent year assuming no injuries happen (Wass...looking at you kid :) )Pitching will be tough to replace but not completely impossible. Just the deal with us not getting to play "at home" could be tough, but should help with playing games on the road to a degree.

Depending on how the redshirts and incoming freshman coming in contribute, this could be another decent season. Not to mention how the schedule breaks down on when we play who.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I wonder if Burrows moves to the rotation now? I wished Castillo could get his control down, He has the kind of stuff to dominate. We will be thin in the rotation for sure!

Sent from my Verizon LG G2 4G

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
I wonder if Burrows moves to the rotation now? I wished Castillo could get his control down, He has the kind of stuff to dominate. We will be thin in the rotation for sure!

Sent from my Verizon LG G2 4G
I agree on Castillo. He did ok in the closers role, wonder if he goes back to it and like you said Burrows moves into the a starting spot. Granted there could be a recruit that comes in and has ability to make an impact in the rotation immediately.

I know Gaspard and company aren't highly favored on here by many, but they have recruited pretty well here the last couple of years especially in the pitching department. I really do wish Andy would have the light come on and be a little more college hitting savvy. He is a good recruiter I think and overall I think the players like him and that does say something about him. Not to mention we had some decent averages this year if you look at the starting line-up. I personally would like to see some things tweaked, maybe do what football does and have an outside opinion come in and lend their opinion of what is happening (see Lane Kiffin and previous years).

heathco9

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 25, 2010
What I cant understand is why keller was put in to pitch in Tallahassee. CMG knew his shoulder was hurt and still put him in. Recruiting good pitchers don't do any good if they stay under a knife.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.