Board of Trustees Approves Upgrades to BDS

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I went to a bar in Columbia, SC called Pour House, they had a mirror waist level on the urinal trough. Probably the most uncomfortable experience of my life. I immediately went up to one of the bouncers and was like duuuuuude what the heck is that. They didn't even have a mirror at the sink lol.
Good grief.

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham
I went to a bar in Columbia, SC called Pour House, they had a mirror waist level on the urinal trough. Probably the most uncomfortable experience of my life. I immediately went up to one of the bouncers and was like duuuuuude what the heck is that. They didn't even have a mirror at the sink lol.
You sure that bar didn't cater to a certain segment of the population? :tongue:

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
I first wanted to think that maybe it was to make sure you didn't walk out with your fly open...but it's a bar...so that won't work.

Troughs...and urinals without walls make my skin crawl. Sorry if I don't want pee from a total stranger splashing on me while I'm trying to do what I need to do in order to make room for more drinks.

IGetBuckets

Suspended
Jan 13, 2014

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Why oh why won't they get rid of the man-trough in the men's room behind section I?
As bad as troughs are, I'd MUCH rather use one of them than those stupid urinals that go all the way to the floor:

The last time I used one of these, the idiot next to me peed directly down, which splashed out of the urinal on my shoe. If it hadn't been in a church, I'd have beaten him about the head and neck.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Yeah..I just can't pee next to guys rubbing elbows..I'll chance going to jail & "Free Willy" out in the parking lot by myself..Sorry there's just things I can't & flat refuse to do..That's one of them..I hate going to rest stations on the interstate as well..Last time I went to Florida we stopped at right over the Florida-Georgia State Line on I-75 & had to do a #2, I had no choice, and as I hoovered(I never sit on someone else's pee)..

Some dude struck up a convo sitting in the stall besides me or tried to anyways asking about me & if I had a girlfriend..I think I broke my personal best time getting it done & prolly lost a vital organ in the process ..Cause I pushed so hard I'd made any "Midwife" proud of my pushing abilities..I just got that uneasy feeling about the dude & this was during the time they suspected there was a serial killer traveling that Interstate..Plus..It's just weird trying to talking as you're doing your business..LOL
As bad as troughs are, I'd MUCH rather use one of them than those stupid urinals that go all the way to the floor:

The last time I used one of these, the idiot next to me peed directly down, which splashed out of the urinal on my shoe. If it hadn't been in a church, I'd have beaten him about the head and neck.

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Yeah..I just can't pee next to guys rubbing elbows..I'll chance going to jail & "Free Willy" out in the parking lot by myself..Sorry there's just things I can't & flat refuse to do..That's one of them..I hate going to rest stations on the interstate as well..Last time I went to Florida we stopped at right over the Florida-Georgia State Line on I-75 & had to do a #2, I had no choice, and as I hoovered(I never sit on someone else's pee)..

Some dude struck up a convo sitting in the stall besides me or tried to anyways asking about me & if I had a girlfriend..I think I broke my personal best time getting it done & prolly lost a vital organ in the process ..Cause I pushed so hard I'd made any "Midwife" proud of my pushing abilities..I just got that uneasy feeling about the dude & this was during the time they suspected there was a serial killer traveling that Interstate..Plus..It's just weird trying to talking as you're doing your business..LOL
Yea that's the biggest problem with the trough style urinals. There's always that one guy who will try to strike up a conversation with you. I had a dude try to start a conversation with me to the point that after he finished at the trough he just stood there and waited for me to finish to continue the conversation. I was like dude seriously lol.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Interesting they approved this, when they raised the tuition costs.... claiming it was expenses that was growing each year and there was no way to slow it down....

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I can't see with my wife next to me much less some hairy, burping, farting drunk dude wanting to talk and rub elbows. Tideman I'm with ya, have had dudes want to talk before and that ain't for me either. If I wanted to talk I'd grab my phone.....lol. Let me strain in peace!

Sent from my Verizon LG G2 4G

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Exactly Bro & I agree 100% with ya..There's some things in this world that should be private & that's definitely one of them..And is exactly why I avoided public restrooms if I possibly can..On long trips "Mother Nature" calls & you do whatcha have to do..LOL
I can't see with my wife next to me much less some hairy, burping, farting drunk dude wanting to talk and rub elbows. Tideman I'm with ya, have had dudes want to talk before and that ain't for me either. If I wanted to talk I'd grab my phone.....lol. Let me strain in peace!

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Yea I know what you mean. Me being a utility worker and being stuck outside and in about any and every town imaginable really makes my job suck sometimes. Especially on storm work where the food they serve us absolutely sucks and give you the Johnny quick steps half the time so it sucks! Up North They don't have all the open public bathrooms like they do here....

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Thanks for what you do man..Folks doesn't give the work y'all do enough credit that you deserve..About 7yrs ago when the small tornado hit Bynum & killed that litle old lady, it lifted back up, and hit in Coldwater by the Pawn Shop there..I lived two houses down from the Pawn Shop & it knocked down our Power & Cable lines..I kid you not..Within the hour there was a utility crew from Mississippi that had our power & cable back up working..

I guess they were called out ahead of the storm, but, it astonished me they were there before Alabama Power came out..I went to Jacks & bought them big box of Jack's Fried Chicken & a box full of biscuits..They were soooo thankful & loved Jack's chicken n biscuits, cause literally all that was left, were bones with no meat on them(whick my Boxer Annie finished off..LOL)..They said they had never heard of Jack's, but, were lifelong fans of Jack's Biscuits by the time they left my yard..LOL
Yea I know what you mean. Me being a utility worker and being stuck outside and in about any and every town imaginable really makes my job suck sometimes. Especially on storm work where the food they serve us absolutely sucks and give you the Johnny quick steps half the time so it sucks! Up North They don't have all the open public bathrooms like they do here....

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Thanks man, I love my job and wouldn't trade it for no other. I'm one of the lucky few that loves their job.

Yea the crew was either here on standby (I remember that tornado but can't remember if it was a major outbreak or scattered storms) or they were a contractor already working on Alabama Power's system that was called to fix it (normal routine work that is before the storm hits). My resume reads like a nomad with companies in My. Airy, NC., Alexandria, LA., Miami, FL, and Sumter, SC. but in reality when I worked for those contractors I only worked in 3 states when it was a normal work day so sometimes the cities that are listed on the buckets can be misleading. A lot of the utilities will put the city that truck normally works out of on the door but it's hard for an outsider to know who is utility (like Alabama Power) from contractor (like Pike Electric).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.