Board of Trustees Approves Upgrades to BDS

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Oh I forgot, thanks for feeding them. People don't realize how bad the food we get can be. Most of the time we get a buffet style breakfast, then carry a cold sandwich with chips in a box from the host utility that really sucks! So if you want a crew to really bust their tail for you, tell them you are going to grab some grub and a few beers (as a utility man now I have to say we cannot accept anything 😉) but it really does make a difference when it seems people care instead of them coming out and saying "when's the power gonna be back on" "ok I know how to fix it and could have an hour ago" and so forth. You would be amazed at what I've been offered before though, it can get craaaaaayzzzzzzzy!

Sent from my Verizon LG G2 4G

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I can imagine what you've been offered..Today's society has become to dependent of luxury items such as power, cable, internet, AC's & becomes desperate when our lives doesn't follow the gameplan you could say..

Our power went out the other day & was out for almost 3 hours here in Oxford..It was absolutely miserable Bro & made me realize how bad it could be if a tornado or a big hurricane comes in Mobile & flattens Alabama like Hurricane Fredric(I think was the name..I wasn't even born yet..Just have read articles about the storm)..And levels the amount of trees in it's path like Fredric di coming up the State..Could you imagine the chaos if like a asteroid like the one hit Russia a while back..Knocks out our grid in parts of the US or all of it for months & years possibly..Scary to think about..

And yes the tornado that I was talking about was as James Spann puts it, a "Red Letter" weather day, when he says that, you know what's about to hit the fan..LOL
Oh I forgot, thanks for feeding them. People don't realize how bad the food we get can be. Most of the time we get a buffet style breakfast, then carry a cold sandwich with chips in a box from the host utility that really sucks! So if you want a crew to really bust their tail for you, tell them you are going to grab some grub and a few beers (as a utility man now I have to say we cannot accept anything ) but it really does make a difference when it seems people care instead of them coming out and saying "when's the power gonna be back on" "ok I know how to fix it and could have an hour ago" and so forth. You would be amazed at what I've been offered before though, it can get craaaaaayzzzzzzzy!

Sent from my Verizon LG G2 4G

Last edited:

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
Nothing wrong with "going" in a giant sink.
I did that in the superdome when Bama played Tulane in 92. I was pretty intoxicated and was peeing in the circular sink. Someone came in and saw me and said that was the sink. I said sorry, I'm pretty drunk and couldn't tell the difference. We laughed

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Well, I asked because I believe the board also oversees AD spending. Be interesting to find out.
The board also approves coaches' salaries, so I'm going to guess them approving it doesn't indicate it coming from the general budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I guess when a thread about toilets and urinating breaks out, that is a sign we are desperate for the season to begin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IGetBuckets

Suspended
Jan 13, 2014
I did that in the superdome when Bama played Tulane in 92. I was pretty intoxicated and was peeing in the circular sink. Someone came in and saw me and said that was the sink. I said sorry, I'm pretty drunk and couldn't tell the difference. We laughed
I hope you washed your hands after:cool2:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Exactly..I recently watched a Dateline episode & believe it or not..The nastiest place in a bathroom is actually the sink in a bathroom..They showed under fluorescent light that there was more fickle matter on the sink, than there was on the toilet seat, and there was fickle matter on the ceiling..How it got there still has me scratching my head..LOL
Why? He peed all over the knobs:biggrin2:

BamaHoHo

All-American
Aug 7, 2007
Coaling, Alabama, United States
Exactly..I recently watched a Dateline episode & believe it or not..The nastiest place in a bathroom is actually the sink in a bathroom..They showed under fluorescent light that there was more fickle matter on the sink, than there was on the toilet seat, and there was fickle matter on the ceiling..How it got there still has me scratching my head..LOL
When you flush, it pushes it up.

IGetBuckets

Suspended
Jan 13, 2014
What the Hell is Fickle Matter?:pDT_croc:

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
Dude blew up in my old office building un huntsville...literally. I think he got in the stall...turned around...and exploded. There was fecal matter errwhere! Really felt bad for the first person to try and enter that stall after he left...and the janitors!

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
troughs are becoming a thing of the past and the few remaining ones should be cherished
agreed.

you can move like twice the amount of men through a bathroom with a trough.

there was one bar on the strip that had a trough...the one on the corner just off campus.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.