ALJ's cost tax payers $400,000,000,000 rubber stamping disability claims.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
These are claims that have already been denied twice. Then some of the judges approve them at a 90% rate after a 10 minute hearing?????

rjtide

1st Team
Dec 15, 1999
AL
the abuse is rampant. so many people who could be contributing members to society somehow manage to convince themselves and others that they are 'disabled and can't work' and....voila.....they're on social security disability.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
the abuse is rampant. QUOTE]

That's what has me shaking my head. They were denied TWICE. Then go to a rubberstamp judge that sleeps during the hearing and approves 95% of the claims. I mean WTH did the 5% do to get denied?

rjtide

1st Team
Dec 15, 1999
AL
don't get me wrong. the soc sec disability program no doubt helps many people who are legitimately disabled and cannot work. but to see people on SSI because they are diabetic, or have long standing anxiety or depression or problems with their 'nerves', or because of chronic pain (low back or wherever) is just a scam. not trying to offend anyone but just calling it like i see it.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Meanwhile I know folks struggling and losing everything to get on this and being turned down because they have rare disorders. Crazy.

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
A friend of mines younger brother has been living on the SS dole ever since he turned 18 (he's probably 35-36 now). He convinced his grandparents that he suffered too much anxiety being around other people so he couldn't work. They got a Cracker Jack shrink to label him with some type of anxiety disorder and now his only fear is twisting his ankle as he goes to the mailbox to retrieve his check.

The dude is very smart and could be a productive member of society. He writes software programs like its nothing. He has been known to re program D TV smart cards to unlock all the channels back in the day. While people were downloading the programs off the net, he wrote his own that rarely ever got knocked out (not that I ever did that nor do I condone that type of thing). Instead of putting his skills to work to better society, he is content with a free apartment and beer money.

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
I have to believe that disability claims are big business for law offices. Ever since I turned 50 a couple years ago I get all kinds of ads for disability claims being easier for people over 50 and to contact them for help getting signed up.

As a life long raised stone mason, 3rd generation or 4th, I can only do maybe a third of what I could when I was a young man. I have all the damage of someone that has labored hard all their life can imagine, back, nerve, arthritis, you name it, as well as high blood pressure, possibly diabetic, who knows. Definite depression at times, anxiety, mental illness probably, it would probably be easier to list what is not wrong with me lol!!!

But I will never get on disability. My fear is if I ever do get on it and stop working completely I sure as heck will go down fast and be dead! It hurts me to lay around during times I am either out of work or the weather is bad as much if not more than when I am working. And working makes me tired and hurting but is also gratifying and keeps my depression at bay. Either way i feel bad and hurt so why not work?

Now here is the kicker to it all!! As much as I have slowed down from my youth I still outwork most young fellers I have hired to help me. Its a pathetic sight to see these young folks wilt under a little heat and hard labor. I have just about gotten to where I work alone these days and only take small jobs I can handle by myself. The last thing I need is to go off on one of these pansy Palmolive hands and have them crying to mommie and daddy about that mean ole stone mason forced them to carry a heavy stone! ;)

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I have to believe that disability claims are big business for law offices. Ever since I turned 50 a couple years ago I get all kinds of ads for disability claims being easier for people over 50 and to contact them for help getting signed up.
That and the fact that ALJs are just another form of government slackers.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
Is this the stuff that was on TV a while back? Greene County?

Btw 400,000,000,000 is 400 trillion

Edit nvm. Having trouble with zeros today

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.