Glenview Elementary School students being indoctrinated with their 1st "Pride" day

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Re: Glenview Elementary School students being indoctrinated with their 1st "Pride" da

I would think that a person who is celibate is neither homosexual nor heterosexual. They are celibate.
i know celibate homosexuals (and heterosexuals for that matter). sexuality is not defined merely by physical acts

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Re: Glenview Elementary School students being indoctrinated with their 1st "Pride" da

i know celibate homosexuals (and heterosexuals for that matter). sexuality is not defined merely by physical acts
No, it is not. You just went into a diatribe about the use of certain words and their meanings and then say that a person who is celibate can be homosexual or heterosexual? No. The person is not asexual but they have chosen to abstain from sex and thus are celibate. Have these people had sex in the past? That might be the case, but they have chosen to be celibate and not engage in any sexuality and are thus celibate. Not homosexual nor heterosexual.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL

No, it is not. You just went into a diatribe about the use of certain words and their meanings and then say that a person who is celibate can be homosexual or heterosexual? No. The person is not asexual but they have chosen to abstain from sex and thus are celibate. Have these people had sex in the past? That might be the case, but they have chosen to be celibate and not engage in any sexuality and are thus celibate. Not homosexual nor heterosexual.
Thats technically why there are no homosexual priests in the Catholic church. Since they are supposed to be celibate, when they do screw up and molest an altar boy, and ask forgiveness, they are then absolved, back to being celibate, and never actually a homosexual. Makes perfect sense to me!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

sexuality and the act of sex are not the same thing.

and diatribe is probably not the best word to describe my earlier posts about certain words or meanings ;)

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL

This should have been blue, right?
If you have to wonder if I have a problem with children getting molested and can't call priests homosexual because they mainly practice abstinence then I have really let the quality of my postings slip. :(

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

I have a friend who went into (and left) the priesthood. While a priest, I can promise you he was stoutly Heterosexual and celibate. These are not mutually exclusive terms. He continued to have the same sexual urges that he always did (I busted him checking out a waitresses butt one night while at dinner before he left the church) he just didn't act on them. In fact it was ultimately what made him leave the church. Met a girl, fell in love and didn't take his final vows.

One big problem that far too may people have on this issue is the ability to separate the sexual act from the State of being. When I was a Virgin I was still straight I just couldn't get any. My 78 year old dad who due to medical issues can no longer indulge in a favorite pastime of his is still very straight. He and I hang out all the time and he is constantly pointing out the ladies that are looking good around us.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

You are correct. I apologize for using the word outside of the correct definition.

I try to use correct grammar when posting, but I feel that forum discussions should be a more relaxed environment to express yourself ( the incorrect use of their, there, and they're does irk me sometimes)! I know perfectly well that I use incorrect sentence structures (and figures of speech) if it helps to convey a thought or feeling easier.

So I am sorry for using a widely known and used figure of speech to express my opinion even though the literal definition was not intended nor implied.
the pc police thank you for your kind cooperation ;)

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL

I have a friend who went into (and left) the priesthood. While a priest, I can promise you he was stoutly Heterosexual and celibate. These are not mutually exclusive terms. He continued to have the same sexual urges that he always did (I busted him checking out a waitresses butt one night while at dinner before he left the church) he just didn't act on them. In fact it was ultimately what made him leave the church. Met a girl, fell in love and didn't take his final vows.

One big problem that far too may people have on this issue is the ability to separate the sexual act from the State of being. When I was a Virgin I was still straight I just couldn't get any. My 78 year old dad who due to medical issues can no longer indulge in a favorite pastime of his is still very straight. He and I hang out all the time and he is constantly pointing out the ladies that are looking good around us.
So, if you look at a person and think about killing them, then you are a murderer?

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

ok, to use the terms we started with. are you for or against celibate homosexuals
Again, I don't know what you mean by "for" or "against". They are too broad and vague so I'll come at it this way and hopefully will answer your question.

First off, for me to appropriately answer the question, the question of "Are they a Christian?" has to be asked. If someone professes to be a Christian and says they are gay then my next question would be "Do you believe the Bible condemns homosexuality as sin?" If their answer is "no" then strictly on an agreement or disagreement level I have a "problem" with their view. In other words I'm "against" their belief. Nothing more nothing less. I'm not "for" flogging them out in the church parking lot or sending them to some school to force them to believe what I believe. In a case of a celibate homosexual the most important question is what they believe about it. And even then that is between him and God. Now if they are apart of a church who believes it is a sin and this person begins going throughout the church members attempting to teach or persuade that it is not a sin then I think deferring to church discipline would be the appropriate approach. Or the person needs to find a church who teaches it is morally okay. Doesn't the church you go to believe homosexuality isn't a sin or is that your personal held belief?

Last edited:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

Just separating the act from the state of being....???? Your words, not mine.
my words, not 92's but whatever

so let's get precise and see if you can spot the difference

World English Dictionary
homosexual (ˌhəʊməʊˈsɛksjʊəl, ˌhɒm-)

— n
1. a person who is sexually attracted to members of the same sex

— adj
2. of or relating to homosexuals or homosexuality
3. of or relating to the same sex
murder (ˈmɜːdə)

— n
1. manslaughter Compare homicide the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another
2. informal something dangerous, difficult, or unpleasant: driving around London is murder
3. informal cry blue murder to make an outcry
4. informal get away with murder to escape censure; do as one pleases

— vb
5. ( also intr ) to kill (someone) unlawfully with premeditation or during the commission of a crime
6. to kill brutally
7. informal to destroy; ruin: he murdered her chances of happiness
8. informal to defeat completely; beat decisively: the home team murdered their opponents

[Old English morthor; related to Old English morth, Old Norse morth, Latin mors death; compare French meurtre ]

'murderer

— n

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004

Agreed, it is not defined by an "act". Not that you care but even the Bible (Jesus) points to a deeper and more strict definition of what's in the heart and the desires of man.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

Matthew 5:29

If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell.

I'm just sayin'.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Again, I don't know what you mean by "for" or "against". They are too broad and vague so I'll come at it this way and hopefully will answer your question.

First off, for me to appropriately answer the question, the question of "Are they a Christian?" has to be asked. If someone professes to be a Christian and says they are gay then my next question would be "Do you believe the Bible condemns homosexuality as sin?" If their answer is "no" then strictly on an agreement or disagreement level I have a "problem" with their view. In other words I'm "against" their belief. Nothing more nothing less. I'm not "for" flogging them out in the church parking lot or sending them to some school to force them to believe what I believe. In a case of a celibate homosexual the most important question is what they believe about it. And even then that is between him and God. Now if they are apart of a church who believes it is a sin and this person begins going throughout the church members attempting to teach or persuade that it is not a sin then I think deferring to church discipline would be the appropriate approach. Or the person needs to find a church who teaches it is morally okay. Doesn't the church you go to believe homosexuality isn't a sin or is that your personal held belief?
it is based on the exchange we had earlier in the thread

92tide said:
its not about being for or against homosexuality.
bamabuzzard said:
I beg to differ. It is.
and to your last question, yes, i attend an episcopal church

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL

So, if you look at a person and think about killing them, then you are a murderer?
Just separating the act from the state of being....???? Your words, not mine.
Since it apparently takes actual commission of the act to be labeled as such, unless you are currently having sex with someone of the opposite sex, you are not heterosexual. While that also makes you not currently homosexual, ostensibly, someone could label you gay because you exist in a state that is really neither one or the other. This is like the quantum entanglement principle tied to sexuality.

This ladies and gentlemen is the definition of linguistic gymnastics. Technically it is even one step further. Linguistic physnastics.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004

it is based on the exchange we had earlier in the thread

and to your last question, yes, i attend an episcopal church
Did I answer your question? Does the episcopal church you go to believe homosexuality to be a sin or is that just your personal held belief?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Since it takes actual commission of the act to be labeled as such, unless you are currently having sex with someone of the opposite sex, you are not heterosexual. While that also makes you not currently homosexual, ostensibly, someone could label you gay because you exist in a state that is really neither one or the other. This is like the quantum entanglement principle tied to sexuality.

This ladies and gentlemen is the definition of linguistic gymnastics. Technically it is even one step further. Linguistic physnastics.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.