IRS unable to produce emails to Congress

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Contempt of Congress? Arrest? Jail time?
Nothing is going to happen until we, the people, demand it.
True, but I don't see that happening.
The American people will take the abuse and like it.
The sad thing is that behavior like this (IRS scandal, Fast and Furious, executive actions in violation of the law and Constitution, sending troops to war without a declaration of war, etc. etc.) substantially hastens the ending of the republic and what takes the place of the republic will not be as beneficent as what we would have if we had just forced the government to rule honestly and fairly to begin with.

Last edited:

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
True, but I don't see that happening.
The American people will take the abuse and like it.
The sad thing is that behavior like this (IRS scandal, Fast and Furious, executive actions in violation of the law and Constitution, sending troops to war without a declaration of war, etc. etc.) substantially hastens the ending of the republic and what takes the place of the republic will not be as beneficent as what we would have if we had just forced the government to rule honestly and fairly to begin with.
Great great post and I agree 100 percent.

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
Re: Uh-oh, Shaggy...

In new Hearings of the Committee on Oversight & Government Reform on February 26, 2015, J. Russell George, the Treasury Inspector General, said he is investigating possible criminal activity at the IRS. The hearings also revealed the fact that investigators have recovered another 32,000 emails relating to Lois Lerner. However, how many of them are duplicates of those previously recovered is not yet clear.

But in what was the most disturbing revelation, House Member attendees were told that the IRS had not even asked for the backup tapes when the ‘hard drive crash’ excuse was first used. That contradicted the prior testimony of IRS Commissioner John Koskinen.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertw...32000-more-emails-possible-criminal-activity/

Shocking.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

IRS Inspector General announces, "Oops!"
After Congress started looking into Lois Lerner's emails and she announced that "Shazam! They are lost," the IRS erased 422 computer tapes that contained electronic copies of the emails. Oops, sorry.
The investigators, however, concluded that employees erased the tapes by mistake, not as part of an attempt to destroy evidence.
Wonder who will lose his or her job over this? I'm betting the number is zero.

And some wonder why anyone would be in the least suspicious about this government managing,I don't know, health care, the internet, my cell phone call records, etc. etc.

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL

After Congress started looking into Lois Lerner's emails and she announced that "Shazam! They are lost," the IRS erased 422 computer tapes that contained electronic copies of the emails. Oops, sorry.

And some wonder why anyone would be in the least suspicious about this government managing,I don't know, health care, the internet, my cell phone call records, etc. etc.
Yep, that's absolute garbage. If they are using any of the known flavors of backup software, and have even somewhat competent admins (or even if not), that does not happen by accident. You have to know what you're doing to "erase" the data from tape.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

Democrats approve of this message...no accountability.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

Government employees almost have to kill somebody before they would lose their jobs. This didn't reach that level so your answer is probably correct.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

Government employees almost have to kill somebody before they would lose their jobs. This didn't reach that level so your answer is probably correct.
Yeah, I know, but man, this is really troubling. not so much for what they might have found (it was probably a tempest in a teacup), but for the idea of accountability in government. And the American people will shrug their shoulders, say. "Whatever," and go back to watching Netflix. And official Washington will take note of that and learn a bad lesson from the whole affair: if you do something bad, just deny, obfuscate, delay and get busy destroying evidence. And both parties will learn this lesson. It is just not good for the republic.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN

The revelation is likely to fuel conspiracy theories among conservatives who say the IRS has obstructed investigations into the scandal.
Well, this isn't exactly like Bigfoot or Flat Earth. If someone isn't at least asking question about this incident, they are naive, ignorant, or a government employee (those three are not mutually exclusive). There are just way too many red flags, not the least of which was Lerner pleading the 5th.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010

It only hurys a little when you boil slowly. Are any of you liberals getting warm yet?

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

It only hurys a little when you boil slowly. Are any of you liberals getting warm yet?
I don't see what they have to worry about. Their people are in charge and that isn't going to change again. Hillary is going to win and if by some miracle she doesn't, Jeb will win and he isn't much of a difference.

The water's just right for the liberal these days.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010

I don't see what they have to worry about. Their people are in charge and that isn't going to change again. Hillary is going to win and if by some miracle she doesn't, Jeb will win and he isn't much of a difference.

The water's just right for the liberal these days.
I agree and believe Hillary will win too. The water is right now but the sheep will be sheared.
Useful idiots will wake to reality when it is too late.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.