IRS unable to produce emails to Congress

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Not a chance. He doesn't get elected in 08 or 12 without the white lib vote. Most libs I personally know attack him from the left - he's been more of the same when he promised fundamental change. If given a second chance, I think their vote goes to Hil, and almost certainly will in 16.
I agree. Quite a few liberals are dissatisfied with BO because he hasn't changed enough. I imagine when polled they disapprove of his performance.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I agree. Quite a few liberals are dissatisfied with BO because he hasn't changed enough. I imagine when polled they disapprove of his performance.
Yet, if given the opportunity, they would still vote for him again over any candidate of any other party. To democrats, party unity is everything, regardless of the cost to the nation. To me, that's a big problem because when voters start blindly following party lines without thought they cease being humans and take on the persona of 'sheeple'.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Yet, if given the opportunity, they would still vote for him again over any candidate of any other party. To democrats, party unity is everything, regardless of the cost to the nation. To me, that's a big problem because when voters start blindly following party lines without thought they cease being humans and take on the persona of 'sheeple'.
I have never followed party lines. I vote for what I think is the best person for the job. In the 2012 elections in Alabama most folks voted a straight Republican ticket.
I'm not a "sheep" I am a goat!:smile:

swoop10

Hall of Fame
Feb 10, 2001
Valdosta, GA
I have never followed party lines. I vote for what I think is the best person for the job. In the 2012 elections in Alabama most folks voted a straight Republican ticket.
I'm not a "sheep" I am a goat!:smile:
Well if you thought Obama was the best person for the job then you are as dumb as I think you are. ;)

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
Many companies, such as the large international company I work for, very much limit how long corporate emails are saved on email servers and specifically prohibit pst files ( personal email storage) on servers for the exact purpose of making it impossible to pull up "old" emails from archive for the specific reason of of preventing opposing counsel from accessing email records. I'm in IT and I know for a fact this is our companies policies. They accept that the harm done by the emails far outweighs the possible proof of defense the emails might provide. Corruption reaches far and wide in private and government sectors.
This. And the fact that most enterprise email and backup/recovery software packages include the ability to easily search and recover emails from the email server and/or backup server. I don't even have to read that article to know that it's a lie. If they are doing things right, at the very least, those emails are on their backup server or servers, depending on their retention policies.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
It also means that Google lost all of theirs too because they often used gmail. These bastards should all be in jail or headed there. Actually I'm in the camp with the people that say BHO is trying to get the house to impeach him. It worked for Clinton when his administration was unraveling and it would serve as the ultimate distraction. I can assure you it won't happen. Save for a secret tape of BHO worshipping at a mosque and hugging the mullahs of Iran and N. Korea and bragging about how he is bringing America to its knees we will simply have to enjoy our poop sandwich with a smile.

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
Carney said the IRS has furnished Republican investigators with 750,000 pages of documents. He said Camp asked for any emails between Lerner and the White House.

"We did, in fact, do a search for all communications between Lois Lerner and any person within the Executive Office of the President for this period. We found zero e-mails," he said.
http://news.yahoo.com/congressional-democrats-fault-u-irs-fumbling-tea-party-210319330.html
Problem solved. There were no emails to find.

;)

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
Congress on Wednesday sent requests to the agency seeking the computer equipment in question, but that same evening, Politico reported that officials believed the machines – determined to be unsalvageable years ago – had been destroyed.

Hatch also pointed out the incongruity of an agency that requires taxpayers to retain records for years at a time only retaining emails on its central server for six months before the backup tapes are recycled – a practice the IRS admitted to last week.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/irs-won-t-confirm-destruction-221000753.html
Thought they were supposed to keep communications for longer than six months.

Last edited:

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Do these people not know what a mail server is? Do they think we are all idiots? Big fat BS, steaming and all. Freakin' amateurs. This is 3 year old behavior thinking momma and daddy don't know any better.
Perhaps, but this answer will fly in one house of Congress and with almost half of the other house of Congress. And it is completely satisfactory with the White House, and thus with the majority of the journalists in this country.
What's the problem?

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Do these people not know what a mail server is? Do they think we are all idiots? Big fat BS, steaming and all. Freakin' amateurs. This is 3 year old behavior thinking momma and daddy don't know any better.
To be somewhat fair rotating backups of mail servers that overwrite the media without taking archives is very common practice. Couple that with another common practice of purging instead of archiving old emails to free up space and you have a recipe for this. I have seen enough examples to actually believe this may have happened. Coupling that with a hard drive issue on the local machine is way too convenient, but it can and does happen.

This is most likely not the case, but a lot of entities do not leave the data on their mail server. As soon as it is downloaded to the client some delete them. They can be set up either way.

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
I can understand the messages being deleted from servers after 6 months - I started saving work emails to my hard drive after experiencing this. I can also understand Lerner's hard drive crashing - conveniently after the investigation had started. However, I would imagine many of her emails had more than one recipient. Surely someone kept those emails on their hard drive. Although it would probably be career suicide to come forward with them.

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA
I can understand the messages being deleted from servers after 6 months - I started saving work emails to my hard drive after experiencing this. I can also understand Lerner's hard drive crashing - conveniently after the investigation had started. However, I would imagine many of her emails had more than one recipient. Surely someone kept those emails on their hard drive. Although it would probably be career suicide to come forward with them.
All of their hard drives crashed. Simultaneously. Apparently it was some sort of virus attachment about kittens. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
All of their hard drives crashed. Simultaneously. Apparently it was some sort of virus attachment about kittens. Nothing to see here. Move along.
The headline I saw said, "Time to Abolish the IRS: Agency Cannot Provide E-mails to Congress."
The IRS is not my favorite Federal agency, but I would like to see serious thought given to doing away with this agency and raising revenue some other way. I believe the IRS has become fatally undermined to be trusted any more.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I also am dismayed by the refusal of government employees to answer questions about their official duties and their performance of them because it might incriminate them.
Okay, fair enough, the Constitution guarantees American citizens the right not to incriminate themselves.
It does not guarantee the right to earn a Federal salary or benefit from a Federal pension. I would like to see every Federal employee who pleads the Fifth before a congressional committee immediately and permanently be denied either Federal salary or Federal pension.
I'd bet if salary and/or pensions were at stake, they be able to find the records of their own dadgum agency.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.