IRS unable to produce emails to Congress

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Good question. It's not like there haven't been previous incidents:
Thank you for providing the obligatory "The other guys screwed over the country. Now I want my guys to be allowed to screw over the country" rebuttal.

Now maybe we can move on to the bit in which no party gets to screw over the country.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Why should it surprise anybody that government employees are incompetent and procedures antiquated regardless of which administration occupies the whitehouse.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
At what point has the statement above ever absolved Obama or even made it seem as if I was "okay" with what he was supposedly doing? This is manufactured outrage. It has been from the start. There was manufactured outrage during Bush's presidency. The problem is when people forget that this is now standard politics, and people point out that it has been happening since at least the prior president, that they get their panties in a wad.
Hence pointing out Issa's involvement.

swoop10

Hall of Fame
Feb 10, 2001
Valdosta, GA
At what point has the statement above ever absolved Obama or even made it seem as if I was "okay" with what he was supposedly doing? This is manufactured outrage. It has been from the start. There was manufactured outrage during Bush's presidency. The problem is when people forget that this is now standard politics, and people point out that it has been happening since at least the prior president, that they get their panties in a wad.

If anything I have been disproportionately hard on Obama because he has done such a 180 from what he said when he was running. At least Bush had an excuse for turning to the dark side. 9/11 made the political climate and fearful populace willing to allow just about anything to happen. Obama just flat out lied. He still is better than McCain and Romney though. We would have bombed at least two more countries had either of those two clowns been in office.
Sorry but I've gone back and looked at this thread and didn't see anything from you until now. It may be manufactured outrage by the politicians but it's not from the people. You aren't outraged because you haven't been targeted. We'll see how you feel if the IRS is used against people you are more closely aligned with.

McCain and Obama were a push but Romney would have been much better, but still not great.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Never did like the idea of people getting a bonus for doing the job they get paid to do.
Properly designed incentives cause jobs to be done better.
If bonuses are treated as standard and are never in real jeopardy, they stop functioning as intended.
When job security is as solid as it is for federal employees such that it is nearly impossible to fire them, then merely paying them for the job that they are supposed to do but don't do only results in inefficiency and waste.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Never did like the idea of people getting a bonus for doing the job they get paid to do.
How about government programs that pay people to do no work at all?

Properly designed incentives cause jobs to be done better.
If bonuses are treated as standard and are never in real jeopardy, they stop functioning as intended.
When job security is as solid as it is for federal employees such that it is nearly impossible to fire them, then merely paying them for the job that they are supposed to do but don't do only results in inefficiency and waste.
Not sure how all agencies structure their bonuses, but I do know that some of programs and contracting offices give nice bonuses based on how much money in contracts they award. This is exactly the wrong type of incentive.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
How about government programs that pay people to do no work at all?

Not sure how all agencies structure their bonuses, but I do know that some of programs and contracting offices give nice bonuses based on how much money in contracts they award. This is exactly the wrong type of incentive.
Six of one half dozen of the other

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
It appears Koskinen has been a fairly large Democrat campaign donor over the years.
I cannot vouch for the accuracy of the Washington Free Beacon (might be run by Moonies, for all I know), but if this story is true, then Koskinen's raise middle finger to the House committee looking into his agency's malfeasance makes more sense.

I'd drive a stake in the heart of the IRS if I had a vote. Just about any way to raise revenue has to be better than this bunch.
Heck, sending out a bunch of guys in masks and armed with pistols and pillow cases might yield more ethical results.

Last edited:

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
He pointed out the fallacy of Koskinen saying that no wrongdoing has taken place when he didn't even understand the laws and regulations. Gowdy got Koskinen to admit that he could not say whether Lerner commited a crime or not. Many contend that the Republicans are merely going after the President. He brought out the fact the White House interjected itself into the scandal when the press secretary repeated the falsehood that only two IRS agents were involved. The President also stated there is not a smigen of wrongdoing by the IRS. It is clear the IRS gave political operatives personal tax information concerning conservative groups. It was brought out today that the IRS did not follow the law concerning the preservation of records. The IRS also admitted wrongdoing in another case where it gave confidential tax information about a conservative group to a gay activist organization and has agreed to pay a fine.

Last edited:

swoop10

Hall of Fame
Feb 10, 2001
Valdosta, GA
He pointed out the fallacy of Koskinen saying that no wrongdoing has taken place when he didn't even understand the laws and regulations. Gowdy got Koskinen to admit that he could not say whether Lerner commited a crime or not. Many contend that the Republicans are merely going after the President. He brought out the fact the White House interjected itself into the scandal when the press secretary repeated the falsehood that only two IRS agents were involved. The President also stated there is not a smigen of wrongdoing by the IRS. It is clear the IRS gave political operatives personal tax information concerning conservative groups. It was brought out today that the IRS did not follow the law concerning the preservation of records. The IRS also admitted wrongdoing in another case where it gave confidential tax information about a conservative group to a gay activist organization and has agreed to pay a fine.
Hang on man that was too many facts and not near enough good intentions kind of stuff. The Libs will never be able to follow this.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.