IRS unable to produce emails to Congress

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Lazy? No. They lied to cover it up and said they didn't exist to cover it up. The coverup got Nixon impeached. The coverup got Clinton impeached. Should happen, but won't with Obama.
BHO could be raping nuns in Lafayette Square in broad daylight and the Democrats in Congress would condemn impeachment talk as "racist" and a "partisan witch hunt."

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Off topic, but Obama has played a hella lot of golf since becoming president. Without a doubt, he has one of the worst golf swings I've seen since I watched a big fat guy stumble and nearly lose his balance every time he hit the ball but it went straight as an arrow. The fat guy saw me hacking in a sand trap and actually showed me how to hit out of sand. Sometimes it even worked. Thanks, Mr. Fat Guy.

I've never heard anyone talk about his score. It's apparent he needs to fundamentally transform his golf swing.

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
Off topic, but Obama has played a hella lot of golf since becoming president.
Somebody was saying people need to quit dogging him out for golfing too much instead of working. which may or may not be fair since he is technically always on the job. but someone else pointed out that for being a dad of 2 girls, he sure doesnt seem to spend any time with them. low blow? yeah. but he is a piece of crap so to me there isnt anything too low concerning him.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
Somebody was saying people need to quit dogging him out for golfing too much instead of working. which may or may not be fair since he is technically always on the job. but someone else pointed out that for being a dad of 2 girls, he sure doesnt seem to spend any time with them. low blow? yeah. but he is a piece of crap so to me there isnt anything too low concerning him.
I would usually point out that W had by this time in his presidency taken more vacation days than Obama but then I realized that I would get the following copy pasted as a standard reply when mentioning that. People sure do have short memories.

Outraged Obama Hater said:
OMG WILL YOU JUST GIVE IT UP? ANYTHING THAT HAPPENED IN THE PAST BEFORE THE GREAT OBUMMER WAS ELECTED THROUGH MASSIVE VOTER FRAUD DOESN'T MATTER. WHAT IS WITH THE "BUT YOUR GUY DID IT TOO ARGUMENT?" IT DOESN'T MEAN THAT OBAMA IS IN THE RIGHT. YOU LIBERALS NEVER CARE ABOUT WHAT IS GOING ON. YOU ONLY WANT TO COMPARE OBAMA TO W. CAN'T YOU SEE THE MAN PAINTS PRETTY PICTURES NOW? ISN'T THAT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU?

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
I would usually point out that W had by this time in his presidency taken more vacation days than Obama but then I realized that I would get the following copy pasted as a standard reply when mentioning that. People sure do have short memories.
I my middle-aged lifetime, I remember every standing POTUS being criticized for taking vacations. I know it predates me, as Ike was criticized for it as well.

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
libs are capable of learning and modifying their behavior?? wow, i guess it only works for message boards as opposed to beliefs about communism, marxism, big governmentism, reality, banging interns, the nature of mankind, physics, etc.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
libs are capable of learning and modifying their behavior?? wow, i guess it only works for message boards as opposed to beliefs about communism, marxism, big governmentism, reality, banging interns, the nature of mankind, physics, etc.
I'll take it as a compliment as it seems conservatives gave up trying to learn anything or modify their behavior ages ago.

swoop10

Hall of Fame
Feb 10, 2001
Valdosta, GA
I'll take it as a compliment as it seems conservatives gave up trying to learn anything or modify their behavior ages ago.
Notice the question marks. It was a question not a statement. Libs don't modify or learn unless they think a position helps the situation of the day. But they will quickly change back if they think that helps the next situation.

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
The IRS revealed in U.S. District Court in Washington, D.C., last week that it had not searched in its standard computer systems for the emails linked to IRS scrutinizing of tea party groups seeking tax exempt status, according to Judicial Watch.
The admission came in an IRS legal brief opposing Judicial Watch’s request under the Freedom of Information Act that a federal court judge allow discovery into how "lost and/or destroyed" departmental records could be retrieved, the watchdog group reported.
http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/IRS-tea-party-targeting-Lois-Lerner/2014/11/11/id/606692/

IRS attorneys conceded that they had failed to search the agency’s servers for missing emails because they decided that “the servers would not result in the recovery of any information.” They admitted they had failed to search the agency’s disaster recovery tapes because they had “no reason to believe that the tapes are a potential source of recovering” the missing emails. And they conceded that they had not searched the government-wide back-up system because they had “no reason to believe such a system … even exists.”

The IRS admitted to Judge Sullivan that the agency failed to “submit declarations about any of the foregoing items because it had no reason to believe that they were sources from which to recover information lost as a result of Lerner’s hard drive failure.” [Emphasis added] Department of Justice attorneys for the IRS had previously told Judicial Watch that Lois Lerner’s emails, indeed all government computer records, are backed up by the federal government in case of a government-wide catastrophe. The Obama administration attorneys said that this back-up system would be too onerous to search. In the October federal court filing, the IRS does not deny that the government-wide back-up system exists, and acknowledges to the court that 760 other email “servers” have been discovered but had not been searched.
http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-...s-court-hasnt-searched-missing-lerner-emails/

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Contempt of Congress? Arrest? Jail time?
Nothing is going to happen until we, the people, demand it.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Uh-oh, Shaggy...

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/3...ecovered/article/2556522#.VG-z-I4K4a8.twitter

Up to 30,000 missing emails sent by former Internal Revenue Service official Lois Lerner have been recovered by the IRS inspector general, five months after they were deemed lost forever.

The U.S. Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) informed congressional staffers from several committees on Friday that the emails were found among hundreds of “disaster recovery tapes” that were used to back up the IRS email system.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Re: Uh-oh, Shaggy...

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/3...ecovered/article/2556522#.VG-z-I4K4a8.twitter

Up to 30,000 missing emails sent by former Internal Revenue Service official Lois Lerner have been recovered by the IRS inspector general, five months after they were deemed lost forever.

The U.S. Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) informed congressional staffers from several committees on Friday that the emails were found among hundreds of “disaster recovery tapes” that were used to back up the IRS email system.
That doesn't surprise me. Even the government isn't THAT irresponsible (but probably close).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.