IRS unable to produce emails to Congress

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) claimed Friday that it cannot produce Lois Lerner’s emails to and from the White House and other administration departments due to a supposed computer crash.

But the IRS claimed Friday that it has Lerner’s emails to and from other IRS officials but it cannot produce emails to and from the Treasury and Justice Departments, the Federal Election Commission, or Democratic offices.
http://news.yahoo.com/irs-computer-crashed-erased-lois-lerner-emails-203605784.html

Actually, this administration is pretty transparent if you think about it.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Maybe we need to send in the computer gurus who somehow pulled up multiple years worth of Linda Tripp's emails attempting to discredit her or the ones who found out all the stuff about Chris Christie or Jim Tressel.

I don't buy this. Then again, anyone who would buy anything this admin is selling (well for that matter ANY admin) needs to call me, I have some ocean front property in northern Arizona they'll love.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
As a former Notes admin, this should NEVER happen. You must always be able to reproduce any email ever sent for legal discovery.
Ever sent? Not necessarily. Generally, a company may have a records retention policy and can keep and destroy emails/documents according to that policy as long as the company is consistent in its application.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
Ever sent? Not necessarily. Generally, a company may have a records retention policy and can keep and destroy emails/documents according to that policy as long as the company is consistent in its application.
True, but those policies tend to be a bit more stringent when it comes to government entities, due to FOIA, etc.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Legally its at least 7 years, maybe more. True, you must be consistent, but most companies feel that once they are saved they may as well hold on to them for ever. I dont remember the exact retention periods because it was our policy to never destroy them so it was a moot point for me.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Legally its at least 7 years, maybe more. True, you must be consistent, but most companies feel that once they are saved they may as well hold on to them for ever. I dont remember the exact retention periods because it was our policy to never destroy them so it was a moot point for me.
My company has a policy that emails are destroyed automatically after 180 days. This policy has been in place for close to a decade.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
"cannot"?...........More like "will not."

I don't see how anyone can defend this slimey administration. Their arrogance and contempt for the American people is astounding.

Big question is, will the GOP let them get away with it? In recent years they wilt shortly after the MSM starts demonizing them by carrying the Dim's water. :mad2:

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
As a former Notes admin, this should NEVER happen. You must always be able to reproduce any email ever sent for legal discovery.
And the last time I looked, emails aren't nor ever have been restricted to a single computer. In my own case, I have always been able to go to any computer anywhere, log onto my email server, send or receive new email or retrieve any I have ever sent or received. That is, unless I have personally deleted them.
In the case of the IRS and the emails to which they refer, I suspect that may have indeed happened.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.