(VERY) Early Lines for 2014 Games of interest

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
My spidey senses tell me to take the hawgs and the 24 against the barn. :)
Even as bad as the hawgs were last year, they do return 16 starters. I look for them to be more physical and play "Wisconsin Badger" like this year, ground and pound football.
I agree. I guess we will find out to what extent the run-and-gun players buy in to the physical side. It will take a couple more classes to get those players in Fayetteville.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
That's amazing. I think I read also from Danny Sheridan or someone else that we would have been favored over FSU last year even after the OU loss and they beat AU. Not sure if that would have been true or not. Vegas has mad respect for us though. I wonder how many of those 56 games we covered the spread?
Almost every time, if there's a real trophy at stake, we show up and take care of business. What's not to respect? ;)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Ole Miss has had some good recruiting classes lately, don't really know how they fared this past recruiting season but if it was good as last year they should be building a very good team with depth. I'm expecting a real tough game from them this year.
They didn't have the same $uce$$ on the recruiting trail that they had last year.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I'm pretty positive I'll be in the minority here but I'm really not liking all the preseason hype we are getting. Not for this season. To be favored in every game, To win the West and SECCG and what's looking like a #2 preseason ranking is some major pressure when we have so many question marks on the QB spot, the O-Line, the Secondary, and the Kicking game especially. I really would rather we were starting out ranked somewhere between #6-10.

If we have all those things come together and go 13-0 to make the playoffs with a 1-2 seed I'll be just as ecstatic as everyone else but I honestly think 8-4 to 10-2 is our low-high realistic range for the season record this year. I dunno...jmho.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I'm pretty positive I'll be in the minority here but I'm really not liking all the preseason hype we are getting. Not for this season. To be favored in every game, To win the West and SECCG and what's looking like a #2 preseason ranking is some major pressure when we have so many question marks on the QB spot, the O-Line, the Secondary, and the Kicking game especially. I really would rather we were starting out ranked somewhere between #6-10.

If we have all those things come together and go 13-0 to make the playoffs with a 1-2 seed I'll be just as ecstatic as everyone else but I honestly think 8-4 to 10-2 is our low-high realistic range for the season record this year. I dunno...jmho.
Not a minority of one, I agree IMO we could finish 10-2. I am not sold on our situation on the OL and QB is still a ?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

I agree but the way the playoffs are set up you want to be ranked as high preseason as possible. If we started out ranked 10-15 it would be much more difficult for us to lose one and make top 4. We should have a good chance of still getting top 4 this year if we drop a game. Of course a ton of other factors will play into that. And I know the committee does not use these rankings but it kinda sets a precedent.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL

Yeah it sucks being a victim of your own success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Not a minority of one, I agree IMO we could finish 10-2. I am not sold on our situation on the OL and QB is still a ?

I concur. By most standards I think we will have a very good year but I think we could easily lose 3 ball games this season. In fact I'm predicting us to do just that--go 9-3. I think we are in rebuild mode and will still struggle with the upper echelon teams (LSU, the barn, TAMU) after we wipe out the lower tier sec teams on our schedule. Not being negative because 9-3 is still a pretty good finish in our conference and I love our long term future prospects, I just think there are too many question marks to objectively predict us to win it all this season.

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I concur. By most standards I think we will have a very good year but I think we could easily lose 3 ball games this season. In fact I'm predicting us to do just that--go 9-3. I think we are in rebuild mode and will still struggle with the upper echelon teams (LSU, the barn, TAMU) after we wipe out the lower tier sec teams on our schedule. Not being negative because 9-3 is still a pretty good finish in our conference and I love our long term future prospects, I just think there are too many question marks to objectively predict us to win it all this season.
I don't think A&M is considered an upper echelon team after all they lost to the draft and the ones that got kicked off the team. They won't be pushovers but they shouldn't be as tough as the past two years.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.