(VERY) Early Lines for 2014 Games of interest

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Man this feels great to post this stuff again. As always. TideFans doesn't condone or promote gambling in any shape, form, or fashion. These numbers are for entertainment purposes only.

Week 1

South Carolina is favored by 9 over TAMU

Ole Miss is a 9 pt favorite over Boise St

AU is favored by 24 at home vs Arkansas

UGA is a 9 pt favorite over Clemson

Ohio St is favored by (only) 14 over Navy

Penn St is favored by 2.5 over Central FL (in Dublin, Ireland)

FSU is a 17 pt favorite over Oklahoma St

LSU is favored by 7 over Wisconsin

The following are Bama's lines for the whole year. We're favored in all of them

-27.5 WVU
-21 Florida
-9 Ole Miss
-24 Arkansas
-16.5 TX A&M
-20 Tennessee
-2.5 LSU
-6 Auburn

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
If we beat West Virginia by 28 points, I'm going to be estatic about the possibilities this year.

I think that Ohio State line is so low because of Navy running the triple option.

As is always the case, the season can't get here soon enough.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Yes. 56 straight games. The record is 58 games. We should shatter that
That's amazing. I think I read also from Danny Sheridan or someone else that we would have been favored over FSU last year even after the OU loss and they beat AU. Not sure if that would have been true or not. Vegas has mad respect for us though. I wonder how many of those 56 games we covered the spread?

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
That's amazing. I think I read also from Danny Sheridan or someone else that we would have been favored over FSU last year even after the OU loss and they beat AU. Not sure if that would have been true or not. Vegas has mad respect for us though. I wonder how many of those 56 games we covered the spread?
We were 7-6 ATS last year. Overall about 56 percent. We have been a good bet ATS on the road.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I know the lines don't necessarily correlate to what actually happens on the field, but they kind of back up my feelings about our season this year. Basically a 2 game schedule of LSU and AU. And then maybe Ole Miss or UF if they play an A+ game and we play lackluster. I think A&M has lost to much to be competitive with us next year.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Interesting that OM is thought of that highly...
A two-year starting QB with some talented skill position players and a stout secondary (Elston, Conner, and Cody Prewitt) are the reason for their hype. The Nkemdiche brothers won't hamper the talk, either.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
A two-year starting QB with some talented skill position players and a stout secondary (Elston, Conner, and Cody Prewitt) are the reason for their hype. The Nkemdiche brothers won't hamper the talk, either.
Yeah. They started some true freshmen last year that I could tell from their first games will be stars. WR Treadwell, S Conner (who we wanted badly...he and Collins playing together would be scary), and of course Nkemdiche. Ole Miss will be a tough win this season, but a win nonetheless

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
Yeah. They started some true freshmen last year that I could tell from their first games will be stars. WR Treadwell, S Conner (who we wanted badly...he and Collins playing together would be scary), and of course Nkemdiche. Ole Miss will be a tough win this season, but a win nonetheless
I still think they'll be worse at the receiver position because they lose Moncrief. And receivers love to have sophomore slumps. Treadwell could be less effective this season. Their defense should be stout, but they still have Bo Wallace. Wallace is Garcia without the ups in his ups and downs.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I still think they'll be worse at the receiver position because they lose Moncrief. And receivers love to have sophomore slumps. Treadwell could be less effective this season. Their defense should be stout, but they still have Bo Wallace. Wallace is Garcia without the ups in his ups and downs.
Yea I'm not scared of Bo Wallace at all other than the fact he is the exact type of underachieving player who seems to have an allstar best game I've ever played against us. Ole Miss does always play us tough so it may not be a blowout.

MegaVars

All-American
Nov 17, 2002
Warrior, AL.
My spidey senses tell me to take the hawgs and the 24 against the barn. :)
Even as bad as the hawgs were last year, they do return 16 starters. I look for them to be more physical and play "Wisconsin Badger" like this year, ground and pound football.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Ole Miss has had some good recruiting classes lately, don't really know how they fared this past recruiting season but if it was good as last year they should be building a very good team with depth. I'm expecting a real tough game from them this year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.