Link: Florida State Reportedly Unlikely To Visit White House

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I think no matter the situations, you make plans around when the White Hose says it's a good date for your team to come visit, and that's despite how much anyone hates who's in office..You just don't get that chance to come on a personal visit of POTUS & you allow your players to make a once in a lifetime visit for most collge football players, unless you're a Bama Player & get to visit multiple times..

Here's The Link..CLICK ME

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Regardless of political leaning, it feels disrespectful to not work to fulfill an invitation given by the President of the United States. Of course, they're saying "we just can't work it out, vacation dates, etc." Still, you feel like someone could short a day on a vacation to visit the White House. Isn't that kind of a vacation in itself?

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
The White House chef requested they not come as he was worried about getting proper security for the seafood cooler.

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I agree this is something that should already have been done. I understand with such a large group it is hard to arrange, but others have done it. But if it hasn't been done by now I doubt it ever will.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
It's the opportunity of a lifetime to meet the POTUS and shake his hand regardless of who it is. It just looks bad on their part not going. It seems like our players enjoyed the trip. I'm sure theirs would have to.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Can we just go ahead and move this to non sports?? Then I'll feel good about posting my real opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
Well, the White House could be making it hard to find a date so that they can subtly let it be known that they are not interested in a photo op with winston, especially if they are going to investigate fsu for Title IX violations.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I don't really have a dog in this hunt but I would think even missing a few players you would find some date when most of the team could attend. Doesn't have to be everyone, does it? The point is to get 'er done!

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
It's the opportunity of a lifetime to meet the POTUS and shake his hand regardless of who it is.
it is the opportunity of a lifetime to meet the potus and shake his hand. unless he is a domestic enemy and destroying the nation he took an oath to protect. then to shake his hand would be aiding and abetting the enemy. it is up to each person to make the decision whether that applies to this particular potus or not.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Are we assuming too much? We don't know what dates the WH offered the school - they might have been essentially impossible to make work.

I doubt this is political at all.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Are we assuming too much? We don't know what dates the WH offered the school - they might have been essentially impossible to make work.

I doubt this is political at all.
I just have a tad bit of military outlook: if the man up top says you're going to show up on such-and-such day at such-and-such time then you're there. Jimbo Fisher certainly has it in his authority to make it happen even if it comes with some hurt feelings.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Again, we don't know what dates were presented as options. It could be that the only date the WH offered was in late August - we have no idea.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
You make a fair & actually a very valid point..There's plenty of time for them to make the trip before fall camp begins..There's no way The Criminals will blow off a once in a lifetime chance to tour & meet the POTUS..I betcha they will make the late July or in August before fall camp begins..
Again, we don't know what dates were presented as options. It could be that the only date the WH offered was in late August - we have no idea.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.