What We and Everybody Else Can Learn From the San Antonio Spurs

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
No offense meant, but were you watching BBall during the MJ era? SP needed CONSTANT baby sitting throughout...even during the championship seasons. Always complaining about his role, always leaking comments about how horrible MJ was in practice.....it felt like MJ had to drag him kicking & screaming into being a competitive player. I googled SP stats earlier and came across several bio pages for him. His history/role has been drastically rewritten to paint him in a very different light from the whining brat he was for most of his career.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
No offense meant, but were you watching BBall during the MJ era? SP needed CONSTANT baby sitting throughout...even during the championship seasons. Always complaining about his role, always leaking comments about how horrible MJ was in practice.....it felt like MJ had to drag him kicking & screaming into being a competitive player. I googled SP stats earlier and came across several bio pages for him. His history/role has been drastically rewritten to paint him in a very different light from the whining brat he was for most of his career.
I agree that he did not like Jordan and made it obvious - but almost none of the players liked Jordan. Jordan treated every player, including (maybe the better word would be especially) his teammates, like they were second rate. Jordan played head games with everyone. Pippen hated that, and did not make any bones about it.

But Pippen was one of the top 3 defenders in the NBA for about 10 years straight.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.